Lee Asher is a Vice Chairman of the Investment Properties division and co-leads CBRE Healthcare Capital Markets with his business partner Chris Bodnar. Mr. Asher is responsible for execution of the team’s medical office and healthcare sale-leaseback assignments, strategy and positioning of offerings, coordination of the financial and underwriting processes, and oversight of the due diligence process. Since joining CBRE, Mr. Asher has been an integral part in the sale of more than 50 million square feet of office properties valued at more than $12.0 billion.
Mr. Asher has the unique ability to combine his sophisticated financial engineering techniques and review-based intimacy of due diligence materials into the overall marketing process. Mr. Asher has assisted on transactions involving all investment property classes, ranging from $1.0 billion portfolios to $1.0 million single-property assets.
Before joining Healthcare Capital Markets, he was a member of the Atlanta Institutional Group – Office Properties and the former Managing Director of the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions for CBRE’s Financial Consulting Group (FCG), a team that provides financial and analytical consulting to the firm’s capital markets teams and clients. Prior to joining CBRE, Asher was co-founder and COO of iTendant, Inc., a provider of service request and maintenance software to commercial building owners and operators.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Advisory Board Member — CBRE Healthcare Capital Markets Group (HCMG)
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- Licensed Salesperson in the states of Georgia, South Carolina & Alabama
- M.B.A., Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- B.S. in Management, Tulane University
- 2018 Recipient of CBRE’s Gary J Beban Teamwork Award
- 2013 Healthcare Real Estate “Executive of the Year” (Healthcare Real Estate Insights)
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle (Top 100 Producer in the Americas) - 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018
- CBRE Emerging Leaders — Class of 2007