As Managing Director, Marie Kastens oversees the strategic property management responsibilities for CBRE's Atlanta region, which includes a portfolio of approximately 40 million SF of office, industrial and retail properties located in Georgia and Alabama. Leading a team of five directors and associate directors, who in turn manage over 150 real estate managers and engineering personnel, Ms. Kastens ensures the day-to-day management and operations requirements are being met, in order to meet the investment interests of the buildings’ owners.
Ms. Kastens has been involved in real estate management, leasing and marketing for more than 20 years and joined CBRE in 2012. Prior to her current position with CBRE, she has represented numerous local and regional real estate investors and institutional clients including John Hancock Life Insurance, New York Life, Travelers Insurance, Wells Fargo, AEW Capital Management and Great Point Investors.
Ms. Kastens also has a wide range of experience in acquisitions, leasing, project management, investment sales and new market development. All areas of her experience with third party management firms, owners and developers focused on maximizing return on investment.
Ms. Kastens served as the 2004 president of BOMA Atlanta and continues to be active in the organization. In 2003 and 2004, Ms. Kastens received the NAIOP Million Dollar Award.
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) – Georgia, Member
- Real Property Administrator (RPA) Designation
- Past President, Currently on Editorial Board
- Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designation
- Licensed Associate Broker, Georgia
- CBRE Women’s Network, Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women, CREW Atlanta, Member