Martin Samworth joined CBRE as a graduate in 1983 and has enjoyed continuous service with the company to the present date.
He was appointed into his current role as Chairman, Advisory Services, APAC/EMEA, in January 2020 with a focus on Capital Markets.
Martin began his career at CBRE specialising in investment and development finance in 1983.
Martin has held positions including Head of Investment and Managing Director of Commercial Markets before becoming Managing Director of the UK business in 2004. From January 2010 he was also Managing Director of the Nordics region (Denmark, Finland and Sweden), became Chief Executive Officer of the EMEA region in 2014, and Group President & CEO, Advisory Services, APAC/EMEA in January 2019. In January 2020 he was appointed Chairman, Advisory Services, APAC/EMEA, with a focus on Capital Markets.
- January 2020: Chairman, Advisory Services, APAC/EMEA
- January 2019: Group President & CEO, Advisory Services, APAC/EMEA
- February 2018: Group President & CEO EMEA
- March 2014: Chief Executive Officer EMEA
- January 2013: Director of CBRE EMEA and member of the Global Operating Committee
- January 2014: Managing Director of CBRE UK
- 2003: Insignia Richard Ellis merged with CB Hillier Parker to form CBRE
- July 2002: Managing Director of Insignia Richard Ellis
- 1999: St Quintin sold to Richard Ellis UK which became Richard Ellis St Quintin and later Insignia Richard Ellis
- 1996 - 1999: Equity Partner St Quintin
- 1985 - 1988: Qualified Chartered Surveyor St Quintin
Professional Affiliations and Education
- BS in Estate Management
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors