Matt Browne, MAI, R/W-AC is the Managing Director for Texas Right of Way and has more than 20 years of real estate appraisal and consulting experience. Mr. Browne has a BS in Real Estate Studies with a Concentration in Appraisal and Finance from Marylhurst University and is the Vice President of the Central Texas Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. Mr. Browne has focused most of his career on litigation support and enjoys serving his clients as an expert witness in the Eminent Domain practice. He has extensive experience in testimony for Special Commissioners’ hearings as well as at the State trial level. Other litigation support has included tax assessment dispute and bankruptcy.
Additionally, Mr. Browne has experience providing a wide variety of valuations, consultations, reviews, market studies and contingent valuation surveys for both commercial and residential properties. Since starting his career in 1998, Mr. Browne has provided valuation services for a wide variety of property types in various geographical locations in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.
The Texas Right of Way group is comprised of five offices which include Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso. There are currently over 20 appraisers under the direction of Mr. Browne. The team has an average of more than 15 years of experience and typically specializes in a property type or geographical area. Many also provide litigation support in the form of eminent domain appraisal and expert testimony. The main properties that are appraised include multifamily, office buildings, industrial, retail, single family residential and self-storage properties. In addition to these properties, numerous other specialty use type properties are also appraised which include sports and entertainment, golf courses, hotels/motels, and medical office buildings.
- Appraisal Institute, Central Texas Chapter, Vice President
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI)
- International Right of Way Association, Right of Way Appraisal Certification (R/W-AC)
- Certified Department of Transportation Appraiser, State of Texas
- Awarded Department of Transportation Professional Real Estate Appraisal Services (PREAS) contract, State of Texas
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Texas (TX-1334444-G)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Arizona (32292)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of New Mexico (03621-G)
- B.S. in Real Estate Studies with a concentration in Finance and Appraisal