Matt Smith joined the Charlotte office of CBRE in 2014 as a Capital Markets Analyst with the Office and Industrial Investment Properties team. In his current role, Mr. Smith’s focus is to assist the team in the sale of office and industrial properties throughout the Carolinas. His responsibilities include facilitating the due diligence process, market research, financial analysis, and assisting in the marketing process.
Prior to joining CBRE in Charlotte, Mr. Smith worked as an Associate with CBRE’s Valuation and Advisory Services, based in Raleigh, NC. During his time in Raleigh, Mr. Smith performed numerous appraisals across a wide range of property types, including: general office, medical office, industrial/flex, multi-family, student housing, retail, and land. His background in financial analysis and underwriting provides a solid foundation for the field of Investment Property Sales.
Mr. Smith graduated from Clemson University with a bachelor’s degree in financial management, with an emphasis in real estate and a minor in accounting. During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Smith completed summer internships with Charlotte-based Pavilion Development and Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company.
- Clemson University, B.S. in Financial Management
- Appraisal Institute: Real Estate Finance, Statistics, and Valuation Modeling
- Appraisal Institute: General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- Appraisal Institute: General Appraiser Income Approach/Part I & II
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, North Carolina