Melanie Rivera joined CBRE | Raleigh in July 2017. She is presently a Real Estate Manager on the Property Management team. In this position, Melanie handles a portfolio of multiple mixed use assets comprising roughly 172,291 square feet of retail and Class A office. Her responsibilities include the day-to-day management of the properties, preparation of annual operating budgets, financial reporting, property owner contact, and tenant relations.
Melanie has over 18 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Prior to joining CBRE, Melanie was the Director of Property Services for NC State University at Centennial Campus. In that role, she maximized the Public/Private Partnerships by managing operations and the grey areas that come with multiple entities involved. She also led a cross-functional team to improve operations, accounting structure and financial performance indicators for the 1,100 acre mixed-use commercial university research campus. As a Certified Management Accountant and with prior experience completing audited financials and presenting those to the Board of Trustees for the University, Melanie also brings strong analytics and an understanding of the financial goals. Prior to that she worked as a commercial property manager, commercial lease negotiator (winning awards for highest savings for global tenant brand), and real estate broker.
Her diversity has given her a unique perspective and well-rounded approach to management.
- Certified Management Accountant – Institute of Management Accountants
- Certified Financial Manager – Institute of Management Accountants
- Member - Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Designated Real Property Administrator (RPA) in process, BOMI International
- North Carolina Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Western Governors University, Bachelor of Science, Finance