Melissa Lyons is a Senior Property Manager in CBRE Chicago’s Asset Services Group. Melissa manages a portfolio consisting of an office property and four industrial properties, totaling over 1.1 million square feet. Melissa has an extensive background in managing real estate assets for institutional property owners, making her a substantial resource for the Asset Services Group.
As Senior Property Manager, Melissa serves as the main point of contact for lease and contract administration, representing the operational interests of the property owner during lease negotiations. She generates budgets and financial reports, including the forecasting of cash flow. Melissa also coordinates and monitors the operations, maintenance and capital programs for each property within her portfolio. During 2013, Melissa reduced operating expenses by 6.6% for the office property.
Prior to her work at CBRE, Melissa served as Senior Property Manager for portfolios on behalf of NAI Hiffman and Cushman & Wakefield.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Chicago Real Estate Network
- BOMA Suburban Chicago – Industrial Work Group Member, 2011 - present
- Carol Point Business Park Association (President) - 2011
- District 229 Board of Education–Facility Study Committee (Co-Chairman)
- Hospitality Committee - BOMA International Annual Convention, 2002
- Real Property Administrator, Building Owners and Managers Institute
- Illinois Real Estate Broker License