Melissa Wilhelm is the Business Operations Manager and Transaction Manager, responsible for providing ongoing management of real estate activities and operational functions for a Global Workplace Solutions team in Cincinnati. She manages and oversees process improvement, controls for specialized software and other operational effectiveness enabling the team to meet objectives in an efficient manner while delivering exception client outcomes. She also prepares, recommends, and implements a portfolio-wide transaction strategy for acquiring and disposing of real estate properties. Coordinates field resources and other stakeholders in the execution of lease renewals, new site acquisitions, disposition of surplus space through subleasing, sale renewals, early lease termination, and more.
Melissa’s role is pivotal to the success and growth of the team as she ensures the team is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth and proficient service that exceeds the expectations and needs of clients.
Other responsibilities include:
- Oversees submission of reports/request deadlines. Coordinates work with other departments. Compiles and reviews statistics and market data and adds commentary to complete analysis reports business proposals/presentations.
- Responsible for business metrics, strategic management of project resources, developing processes and standards to streamline overall business operations.
- Conducts special financial and business studies. Produces routine, ad hoc and financial reports.
- Leads and facilitates communication of policies, procedures and initiatives to ensure consistency across the region. Ensures shared knowledge, implements process improvements and engages the right resources in issue identification and resolution.
- Develops training program(s), business processes and system training program(s) for a team to include creation of training strategy and implementation of training plan(s) for the team.
- Implements real estate plans with an understanding of the client's strategic real estate goals. Assists with project initiation and scope definition, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones.
- Concurrently acts as landlord/seller agent and tenant/buyer agent and effectively negotiates the business terms and conditions for a wide variety of commercial real estate products, including land, office, retail and industrial.
- Drafts and creates a large variety of analyses and relevant documents, including but not limited to: project initiation, market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value.
- Negotiates leases and lease amendments. Monitors lease expirations. Negotiates lease renewals within prescribed timeline. Locates and acquires new properties to meet client's requirements and timeline. Disposes of surplus properties within prescribed timeline.
Melissa has over 20 years in the commercial real estate industry. Prior to joining CBRE, Melissa worked as the Director of Client Services at Xceligent, Inc., a leading provider of verified commercial real estate information. In that role, Melissa was a business unit leader and built strong relationships with industry leaders while driving revenue. Before that she worked at Colliers International in both a Retail Broker and Manager of Marketing and Research role. Lastly, Melissa was the Regional Director of Research for the CoStar Group.
Melissa currently has an active real estate salesperson license in the State of Ohio and is a Board Member of CREW (Cincinnati Commercial Real Estate Women).