Michael Luca joined CBRE in August of 2004 as an associate broker specializing in Industrial Properties. By 2006, he was named “Rookie of the Year” and has since developed into one of the dominant industrial professionals for CBRE in the Sacramento Region. Most recently in 2018, Mike has been nominated eight times for Sacramento’s Industrial Broker of the Year by the Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE).
Mike’s primary practice is agency, also known as landlord/seller representation; however, Mike will also represent occupiers in lease and sale acquisitions. In 2010, Mike formed the regional division of the CBRE Automotive Properties Group and has led the group to become the market leader in acquisition, disposition and reposition of auto dealership and auto-related use properties.
Mike is recognized for his vast market knowledge and experience required to be an expert in the Greater Sacramento and Northern California markets. Through understanding of his client’s needs, and unparalleled service, clients dealing with Mike can rely on his strength in negotiation to obtain the maximum value for their transactions every time. Through CBRE's extensive network, Mike has been able to assist his clients on both a local and national level.
- 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018: Nominated for Industrial Broker of the Year by the Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE)
- City of Rancho Cordova Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Earned “SIOR” designation from the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors www.sior.com
- Summer 2009: Nominated to co-lead the regional team for CBRE's Automotive Properties Group
- Spring 2008: Completed CBRE University
- 2006: Rookie of the Year
- Summer 2005: Completed CBRE’s Wheel Education Program
- University of Nevada, Reno, Bachelor of Arts; Journalism
- Bradshaw Business Park
Leased and sold this 450,000 sq. ft. multi-tenant industrial center in Rancho Cordova
- Capital Commerce Center (Former Campbell’s Soup Facility)
Leased this 1.6 million sq. ft. industrial center
- Easton Development and Aerojet/Rocketdyne
Listing broker for over 1,000,000 sq. ft. of existing buildings and over 170 acres of land formerly occupied by Aerojet/Rocketdyne
- Folsom Nissan
Responsible for the disposition and acquisition of 30,000 sq. ft. Automotive Dealership in the Folsom Auto Mall
- Balanced Body
125,000 sq. ft. industrial building acquisition
- The Niello Company
Responsible for acquisition of multiple automotive warehouse and land properties for The Niello Company
- Pepsi Bottling Group
Multiple lease renewals for 72,000 sq. ft.
Acquisition of 77,000 sq. ft. industrial building
- Siemens Mobility, Inc.
Represented since 2011 on multiple lease and purchase transactions
- Lodi Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Responsible for acquisition and disposition of 30,000 sq. ft. automotive dealership in Lodi, CA
- Elk Grove Ford
Responsible for acquisition and disposition of 72,000 sq. ft. automotive dealership in Elk Grove, CA
- Nestle Waters
200,000 sq. ft. lease acquisition
100,000 sq. ft. lease acquisition
- BTV Crown Equities
57,000 sq. ft. purchase acquisition 100% leased
Disposition of 57,000 sq. ft. multi-tenant industrial building 100% leased
90,000 aq. ft. sale acquisition
(Partial Client List)
- Cranbrook Group, Inc.
- Easton Development, LLC (Aerojet/Rocketdyne)
- FJM Investments
- Hackman Capital
- Harsch Investment Properties, LLC
- Inter-Cal Real Estate
- Invesco Real Estate
- Oaktree Capital Management
- Oracle Properties Development, Inc.
- Scanlan Kemper Bard Companies
- SFC Leasing, LP
(Partial Client List)
- Antioch Auto Center
- Balanced Body
- Elk Grove Ford
- Holman Automotive
- The Niello Group
- Pepsi Bottling Group
- Potamkin Automotive
- Siemens Mobility, Inc.
- Woodland Motors
- "Mike Luca and his team were as dedicated to our vision as we were. He had a constant pulse on the market and accepted challenges that came his way. We hope to engage with his team again should the opportunity arise."
– Michelle R. Brockmann, Vice President - Asset Management, ScanlanKemperBard (SKB)
- "Mike Luca was recommended by a close friend who has been in the real estate business for 35 years. I have dealt with other brokers many times and only one matched the same high professional level as Mike and his team. Phone calls and emails were always answered. I was kept informed of all issues. We agreed on strategy. I can highly recommend Mike as a broker and I look forward to working with him again."
– Christine O'Gara
- "Mike worked with me to go to market with a specialty-use property with a month-to-month tenant in place. Mike coordinated with the tenant for showings and worked around his concerns. He brought offers from various parties and helped me make the right deal on the building. I felt his marketing was steady and targeted, well-thought out. I appreciated how he stayed in touch since there often are lulls in marketing programs. Once we were under contract, Mike stayed on the many details to keep the transaction moving and closed. I think what stood out was his consistent effort, combined with his thoughtful method of considering pros and cons in discussions with me before acting."
– Doug Bayless, Bayless Properties
- "Mike Luca is the most professional broker I have ever dealt with. He was on top of the transaction from start to finish."
– Patrick Turner, Investor
- "Mike Luca and the team at CBRE were a pleasure to work with in selling a commercial building (3209 Fitzgerald Rd., Rancho Cordova, CA). Mike is professional and handled any challenges during the whole process in a precise and timely manner. At all times he had our best interest at the top of the list, answered all questions and kept us informed during the sale process. I would recommend Mike Luca to anyone needing a competent and professional commercial real estate agent."
– Tony Cepeda, Investor
- "Last year, we completed a complex three-legged reverse exchange. Many months before we closed on the relinquished property, I met with the team at CBRE (Mike Luca, Ryan De Angelis and David Liu) and asked them to assist us in acquiring 1 or more replacement properties for our exchange. Through CBRE’s vast network of relationships and unmatched market knowledge, they brought us two of the three replacement opportunities we ultimately needed for a successful exchange. One of the properties was fully leased and the other was completely vacant. Just as we were beginning the renovation process on the vacant property, the CBRE team brought us a national, “credit tenant”, candidate. After some nifty negotiation work, and BEFORE we finished the renovations, we had the new tenant under a long-term contract for 100% of the space. No taxes…no down time…no vacancy! Simply an amazing occurrence! Mike, Ryan and David were fantastic to work with throughout this entire process. I would say that without their regional connections, solid work ethic and real estate expertise, our extraordinary result would have been mediocre at best. It was my pleasure to work with them and I look forward to many more transactions with them."
– Bruce H. Cohoon, Chief Financial Officer – Cranbrook Group, Inc.
- "Mike Luca is an agent who is very professional in the way he does business. He is very well informed and works hard in getting back to you on any questions that come up. He does an excellent job with all the paperwork and follows up on every detail. I would tell someone that I recommend him and his firm above any other property company."
– Jim Walsh – SRC Companies
- "Thank you to your teams for remaining committed to the ongoing effort required to ultimately get the deal (1 Cadillac Drive in Sacramento, CA) closed. Your professionalism is noted and much appreciated. We look forward to additional opportunities to work together."
– Todd Sheaffer, President – Specht Development
- “I recently purchased a commercial building in the Sacramento region. Although I have had moderate experience dabbling in the commercial real estate market in the past, this is the first time I’ve worked with Michael Luca and CBRE. Not only was Mike a pleasure to work with but he is a pure professional through and through. This particular escrow had multiple challenges beyond the norm and with each curve ball that got thrown our way Mike was prepared and knowledgeable throughout the resolution process. His advice and counsel was consistently representative of my best interests. I would proudly recommend his services to anyone venturing into the commercial real estate market today.”
– Douglas V. Lawson, President - Capital Commercial Flooring, Inc.
- "I have had the pleasure of working with Ryan, Mike and David for eight years. They have leased many of our buildings throughout the years. They have been a huge help and success to our real estate business. I heartily recommend this team for their ability to get along with people, their record of achievement, and their energetic approach to dealing with clients. They approach every opportunity with great enthusiasm and have a great deal of experience in their field."
– Kelly Urata, Principal - SFC Leasing, LP
- "For the past nine years I have employed the services of the Sacramento office of CBRE, Inc. as leasing brokers for Harsch’s Natomas Commerce Center Phase I/Phase II and Riverside Commerce Center Phase IV. In that time Ryan, Mike and David have had great success leasing the multi-tenant office/warehouse buildings. They have continued to exceed my expectations as leasing brokers. I would recommend them as leasing brokers because of their enthusiasm, professionalism, and attention to detail in the marketing process and the management of lease transactions."
– John Shorey, Vice President – Harsch Investment Properties, LLC
- "They are gentlemen and pros. I enjoy doing business with them."
– Rick Niello, President – Niello Automotive Group