Michael Muska joined the CB Richard Ellis Pittsburgh office in 1994 as an Operations Engineer. Though various advancements, he has attained the position of Facility Manager. Beginning in 1999, Mr. Muska has been the Facility Manager for the FedEx Ground Corporate Headquarters in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. This 506,000 SF facility is the central operations point for all activities within FedEx Ground.
As Facility Manager for FedEx Ground, Mr. Muska is constantly seeking methods of improving and upgrading the 506,000 SF of space that houses over 2,100 FedEx employees. He is responsible for overseeing the intense mechanical environments that were installed to support the on-site data center operations, along with the more routine operation systems needed throughout the office environments. Mr. Muska was instrumental in the development of a plan and execution of a massive upgrade to all power and cooling capabilities for this data center. By recommending and empowering the latest computer control technology for the controls and operational systems, the highest level of service for this critical data center operation is ensured.
Facility safety is a paramount concern, requiring the supervision of the facility support staffs and the conveyance of safety issues to other on-site members of the CBRE team. Mr. Muska is an active participant within the FedEx Ground Safety and Environmental response teams.
Mr. Muska typically identifies areas where equipment replacement/repair are the most prudent to achieve the maximum benefit for capital dollar expenditure. He works very closely with the management team of FedEx Ground to assist with securing bids and the overall review and application of replacement equipment following the internal process approval.
- 1998- City of Pittsburgh Power Engineer License
- 1988-1994 Operations support, Calgon Corporation
- 1996-1999 Facility Manager--Calgon Center- Corporate Headquarters. Office and laboratory support -
- 1997-1999 Facility Operations Manager- Solid State Measurements Headquarters, a computer technology company located in Findlay Township, PA - 25,000 SF
- 1997-1999 Served as an advisor for mechanical facility issues for the PSI building (formerly Pittsburgh Testing Labs) situated in the borough of Greentree, PA