Mildred Terzic, CCIM, RPA is an appraiser in CBRE Chicago’s Valuation Advisory Services group. As a dynamic, results-oriented professional, Mildred offers a disciplined and multi-faceted approach to commercial real estate. Her extensive knowledge of various commercial property types including retail, office and industrial real estate makes her a substantial resource for her team.
Mildred has been involved in commercial real estate for over three decades on both a regional and national level. Her multi-faceted background has allowed her to work in many arenas including acquisitions/dispositions, appraisal, asset/portfolio management, leasing, loan origination, to loan servicing and workouts. She has also effectively negotiated and managed commercial real estate debt and equity portfolios and sourced direct business.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mildred was a Vice President of Asset/Portfolio Management for private self-managed REIT, Inland Western Retail Real Estate Trust Inc., where she was responsible for the portfolio management of 299 operating properties totaling 46 million square feet of multi-tenant retail shopping centers and free-standing retail buildings having over 4,600 leases. She coordinated with various disciplines to provide comprehensive reporting for senior management to establish strategies for long-term property value accretion, oversaw the implementation and execution of the budgeting/forecasting process, assisted in the $1.5 billion portfolio re-finance effort, and liaised with real estate tax consultants to successfully appeal property taxes, nationwide.
As a Director of the Real Estate Finance Group of David L. Babson (formerly MassMutual), Mildred originated, negotiated, underwrote, and closed fixed/floating rate commercial real estate term loans in excess of $10 million within a 13 state Midwest region and aggressively managed and serviced a $300 million real estate loan portfolio with a concentration in full service/upscale limited service hotels, retail centers, apartments, office and industrial.
Mildred’s experience also includes working as an Investment Manager at Equitable Real Estate Investment Management Inc., where she acted as a project manager for the development of the NBC Tower and Cityfront Center Chicago and worked on the acquisitions of several mall properties including: Empire Mall, Rushmore Mall, the disposition of the Ford City Shopping Center and various office dispositions. Additionally, she was responsible for portfolio debt and equity servicing and valuations of owned/managed assets.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CCIM - Member and NAR (National Association of Realtors) affiliate
- CREW (Chicago Real Estate Executive Women)
- ICSC – Member
- Designated CCIM (Certified Commercial Real Estate Investment Manager)
- Designated RPA (Real Property Administrator)
- Licensed Illinois Managing Broker
- Licensed Illinois Appraisal Trainee
- Federation of Circle of Serbian Sisters of the Serbian Orthodox Metropolitanate of Midwestern America – St. Sava Monastery, in Libertyville, IL President - 2005-2009
- Midwest Diocesan Circle of Serbian Sisters of the New Gracanica Serbian Orthodox Monastery, in Third Lake, IL – First Vice President - 2009-2012
- Midwestern Diocese of New Gracanica Monastery – Building Committee
- Our Serbs - Appointed Member of the Board of Directors
- Participated in Lifeline Chicago’s mission trip to Belgrade, Serbia in 2015
- St. Basil of Ostrog Serbian Orthodox Church, in Lake Forest IL - Member of the choir and Circle of Serbian Sisters, Audit Board Co-chair, Liaison to Lifeline Chicago/Princess Katherine Foundation to support the Jovan Jovanovic Zmaj Orphanage and other philanthropic initiatives
- Supporting member of the Branko Radichevich Choir, in Chicago, IL
- DePaul University, Bachelor of Science, Real Estate Concentration
- Loyola University, Master of Business Administration, Marketing Concentration