Nick Barwig, a Vice President in CBRE Atlanta’s Valuation and Advisory Services Group, has appraised in excess of $10 billion over his career. Nick manages a team of appraisers that provides valuation services involving retail, office, industrial, and mixed-use properties throughout the Southeastern U.S. Nick’s team has provided valuation services on several high-profile properties including Ponce City Market, Buckhead Atlanta, and Krog Street Market. His expertise incorporates all types of valuation services such as appraisals, real estate portfolios, financial reporting, estate planning, litigation support, and sale-leasebacks. Nick is recognized as a top producer nationally within CBRE.
Prior to joining CBRE, Nick gained a broad range of commercial real estate experience in investment underwriting, valuation/consulting and acquisitions/development at firms including Ernst & Young, Colliers International, and Majestic Realty Co. During his time at Colliers International as a top appraiser in the Southeast, Nick helped grow the office into a top appraisal firm in Atlanta, behind CBRE.
Nick graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Real Estate from The University of Georgia (UGA) and has been active in the commercial real estate field since 2007. Prior to transferring to UGA, he spent one year as a freshman quarterback on the Georgia Tech football team under head coach Chan Gailey.
- Designated Member of Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association – 2016 Future Leader
- University of Georgia, BBA in Real Estate, Summa Cum Laude
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Management Major