Nick Barwig, a Vice President in CBRE Atlanta’s Valuation and Advisory Services Group, has appraised in excess of $15 billion of commercial real estate over his career. Nick manages a team of appraisers that provides valuation and advisory services involving retail, office, industrial, and mixed-use properties. Nick’s team has appraised several high-profile properties including Bank of America Plaza, Ponce City Market, Buckhead Atlanta, and Krog Street Market. His expertise incorporates all types of valuation services including appraisals, real estate portfolios, financial reporting, estate planning, litigation support, and sale-leasebacks.
Prior to joining CBRE, Nick gained a broad range of commercial real estate experience in valuation/consulting, acquisitions, asset management and development at firms including Ernst & Young (EY), Majestic Realty Company and Colliers International. During his time at Colliers International as a top appraiser in the Southeast, Nick helped grow the Atlanta office into a top appraisal firm in the Southeast, behind CBRE.
Nick graduated #1 in his business school class with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Real Estate from The University of Georgia. Prior to transferring to The University of Georgia, he spent one year as a freshman quarterback on the Georgia Tech football team under head coach Chan Gailey.
- MAI, Designated Member of Appraisal Institute
- ASA, Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers
- NAIOP Future Leader
- ICSC, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- The University of Georgia, BBA in Real Estate, Summa Cum Lauda
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Management Major, ACC Athletic Academic Honor Roll