Richard Freel joined the Long Island office in September 2008. Since joining the firm he has specialized in Tenant Representation, with emphasis on achieving the most advantageous lease terms for his clients, who range from sole proprietors to corporate space users. Through his steadfast representation, Mr. Freel provides quality service and ensures the continued realization of client’s financial goals and logistic requirements for their work place environments.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Freel worked for 27 years in the financial and insurance industries as a salesman. In these capacities, Mr. Freel developed his skills as a salesperson and service provider while building a large network of clients and contacts with whom he conducted business. His experience in developing and executing business serves him well in the process-driven commercial real estate field.
Coupling his past experience with his strong understanding for the industry, quick aptitude for market knowledge and exceptional motivation has made him an important addition to CBRE.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, State of New York
- Member, Commercial Industrial Brokers Society (CIBS)
- Participant, CoreNet lecture series
- Participant, Hofstra University lecture series
- Fairfield University, Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- AON Insurance | Negotiated the consolidation of multiple offices to an approximately 61,000-square-foot third-party location. This was one of the largest leases transacted in Nassau County for 2016. Lease valued at approximately $21 million.
- Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner and Smith | Negotiated three early renewal leases in Nassau and Suffolk Counties for a total of approximately 85,000 square feet. Leases valued at approximately $12.5 million, with front-end savings of ± $5 per square foot.
- Career Education Corp. | Negotiated renewals and expansions for subsidiaries Briarcliffe College and Sanford Brown Institute totaling 142,000 square feet. Leases valued at approximately $18 million. Briarcliffe College's 116,000 square feet was largest lease transacted in Nassau County in 2013.
- Chubb Insurance | Negotiated 30,000-square-foot lease for Long Island claims and underwriting branch. Lease valued at approximately $8.55 million.
- ADP Dealer Services
- AON Insurance
- Ameriprise Financial
- Arch Insurance
- Bank of America
- Briarcliffe College
- Constellation Brands
- Devitt Spellman Barrett LLP
- First Republic Bank
- Fujitsu America, Inc.
- Globegistics, Inc.
- IKON Office Solutions
- McAndrew, Conboy & Prisco LLP
- Merrill Lynch
- Prudential Insurance
- Sanford Brown Institute
- Scully, Scott, Murphy & Presser PC
- Sullian, Papain, Block, McGrath & Cannavo PC
- Veritext Corporation