Richard Freel joined the Long Island office in September 2008. Since joining the firm he has specialized in Tenant Representation, with emphasis on achieving the most advantageous lease terms for his clients, who range from sole proprietorships to corporate space users. Through his steadfast representation, Mr. Freel provides quality service and ensures the continued realization of client’s financial goals and logistic requirements for their work place environments.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Freel worked for 27 years in the financial and insurance industries as a salesman. In these capacities, Mr Freel developed his skills as a salesperson and service provider while building a large network of clients and contacts whom he conducted business with. His experience in developing and executing business serves him well in the process driven commercial real estate field.
Coupling his past experiences with his strong understanding for the industry, quick apptitude for market knowledge and exceptional motivation has made him an important addition to CBRE.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, State of New York
- Member, Commercial Industrial Brokers Society (CIBS)
- Participant CoreNet lecture series
- Participant Hofstra University lecture series
- Fairfield University, Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Career Education Corporation: Negotiated renewals and expansions for subsidiaries Briarcliffe College, and Sanford Brown Institute totaling 142,000 rsf. Leases valued at approximately $18,000,000. Briarcliffe College 116,000 RSF was largest lease transacted in Nassau County 2013.
- Chubb Insurance: Negotiated 30,000 RSF lease for Long Island claims and underwriting branch. Lease values at approximately $8,550,000
- ADP Dealer Services
- Ameriprise Financial
- Arch Insurance
- Bank of America
- Briarcliffe College
- Chubb Insurance
- Devitt Spellman Barrett LLP
- First Republic Bank
- Fujitsu America Inc.
- IKON Office Solutions
- McAndrew, Conboy & Prisco LLP
- Merrill Lynch
- Prudential Insurance
- Sanford Brown Institute
- Sullian, Papain, Block, McGrath & Cannavo PC
- Veritext Corporation