During his career at CBRE and IVI International, Mr. Barone held various field and supervisory positions within the organization and was instrumental in the growth from a 6-person consultancy to more than 200 staff members. His 33 years in the construction industry cover a wide range of projects in the commercial and residential areas, with a strong concentration in complex mixed-use projects.
As Senior Managing Director at CBRE, Mr. Barone is responsible for the management of the Construction Risk Management Division, which handles in excess of 400 construction/renovation projects on a monthly basis, nationwide.
Mr. Barone has also been responsible for reviewing development proposals and providing owner representation services for foreign governments, major lending institutions, and equity investors. He has monitored a large number of construction projects during his time at IVI: City Center, a $8.5 Billion 18,000,000 SFG resort and casino complex in Las Vegas; Wynn Las Vegas, a $2.5 Billion, 5,200,000 SFG resort and casino in Las Vegas; Trump International Hotel & Tower, a $600 Million 96-story mixed use building in Chicago; The Cosmopolitan, a $2.5 Billion, ±6,000,000 SFG resort and casino in Las Vegas; Time Warner Center, an $860 Million, 2,800,000 SFG mixed-use building in Manhattan; and American Dream, a $1.7 Billion, 5,900,000 SFG enclosed mall in East Rutherford, New Jersey. He has performed Property Condition Assessments on behalf of lenders and investors, inclusive of the Vista Hotel in Manhattan, and participated in the preparation of the ASTM's E 2018 "Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments."
Mr. Barone is called upon regularly to assist in the review and preparation of construction contracts and building loan agreements.
In addition to the above, Mr. Barone has prepared and/or contributed to the preparation of the Property Condition Assessment Guidelines for GMAC Commercial Mortgage and Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association. He has given numerous seminars on using ASTM's E 2018 "Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments" to prepare Property Condition Assessments, “Project Management Oversight for Lenders” and “Conducting Building Research Due Diligence When Purchasing New Buildings” and is well-known in the real estate consulting speaking circuit, having moderated and participated in various panels at real estate related conferences and seminars.
Mr. Barone has most recently served as co-chairman of ASTM’s E50 committee on the “Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments" to prepare Property Condition Assessments, and co-chaired the development of the "Standard Guide for Readily Observable Mold and Conditions Conducive to Mold in Commercial Buildings: Baseline Survey Process."
- City Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, 18,000,000 SFG Casino Resort
- Hudson Yards: Eastern Railyard Platform; New York, New York; 420,000 SFG Platform over Active Railyard
- Hudson Yards Retail; New York, New York, 1,068,000 SFG, 11-Story Retail Development
- 30 Hudson Yards; New York, New York, 2,831,500 SFG, 89-Story Office Tower
- The Plaza Hotel; New York, New York, 182-Unit/282-Guestroom Historic Renovation and Conversion
- One57, New York, New York, 90-Story, 210-Key Hotel/135-Residential Unit Mixed-use
- Trump International Hotel and Tower, Chicago, Illinois, 2,600,000 SFG, 96-Stories
- Time Warner Center, New York, New York, 2,800,000 SFG, 55 Stories
- Wynn Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, 5,200,000 SFG, 2,500 Room Hotel/Casino, 2,000 Seat Aqua Theater, and 18 Hole Golf Course
- Wilshire Grand, Los Angeles, California: 2,172,000 SFG, 73 Stories
Professional Affiliations & Accreditations
- New York State Registered Architect
- GBCI LEED Accredited Professional
- Helaba Bank
- Bank of the Ozarks
- Santander Bank