Senior Vice President
, Debt & Structured Finance
Robert Vestewig joined CBRE Capital Markets (then L.J. Melody & Company) in 1982 to direct the structuring, committing, closing and asset management of the company's loan and equity transactions. In 1998 Mr. Vestewig was appointed manager of the firm's Loan Servicing Department.
Prior to joining Capital Markets, Mr. Vestewig was employed for 12 years in the mortgage and real estate department of Connecticut General Life Insurance Company in Hartford, Connecticut. Mr. Vestewig served as investment officer responsible for all activities relating to investment closing, including the negotiation of loan commitments and mortgage documents, construction loan and loan holdback administration, and investment structuring.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Texas
- Member of Mortgage Bankers Association; served as Vice Chairman of the Commercial Mortgage and Asset Administration Committee
- Served as a panelist, instructor and lecturer for the Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Lectured for the ICSC, the Graduate School of Business at Rice University, and at Texas A&M University
- Awarded the Burton C. Wood Legislative Service Award from the Mortgage Bankers Association for his commitment as chairman of an MBA task force to review the effect on commercial real estate finance and ownership of changes in the Federal bankruptcy laws
- Yale University, Bachelor of Arts; Economics, Cum Laude, 1969