Robert leads the CBRE Engineering group in the Mid-Atlantic Division with responsibility for oversight and development of our engineering team, innovating solutions for our clients and serving as a technical resource for the Division across lines of business. Robert also serves as Co-Chair of our CBRE Military group for the Mid-Atlantic Division.
He is charged with applying and maintaining our technical standards and best practices at all managed assets and development of policies and procedures that improve the technical operation of buildings under our care.
Prior to joining CBRE, Robert was an officer in the United States Navy, where he served early in his facilities career as a Reconstruction Officer after Hurricane Katrina coordinating Navy, Department of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency response. He was later posted to assignments in Afghanistan leading high-risk projects for the first United States base in Nuristan, then moved on to lead emergency and contingency response for 16 countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa before settling in Washington, D.C. Robert most recently served as Deputy Director of Global Facility Operations for the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
He is a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Maryland, Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
- Master’s, Civil Engineering – Project Management | University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Master’s, Business Administration | Boston University, Boston, MA
- Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering | Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS
Licenses & Specialized Training
- Professional Engineer (PE) | State of Maryland, #44847
- Project Management Professional (PMP) | Project Management Institute, #1761061
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) | Association of Energy Engineers, #21886
- U. S. Department of Defense Contracting Professional | Level III (Highest Level)
- U. S. Department of Defense Facilities Engineering Professional | Level III (Highest Level)