Robert E. Zwengler is an Executive Vice President with CBRE focusing exclusively on account management and tenant representation for the Advisory & Transaction Services team in Philadelphia. He joined Insignia/ESG in 1998 and continued with CBRE when it acquired Insignia in 2003. Mr. Zwengler has over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate. He has extensive transaction experience both domestically and internationally on behalf of companies such as TEVA Pharmaceuticals, Chubb Insurance, AmerisourceBergen, Radian Group, and Independence Blue Cross.
Mr. Zwengler has been a member of CBRE’s Top 225 Producers in the United States six times. In 2008 and 2009, he was a member of CBRE’s prestigious Colbert Coldwell Circle. He was one of the Top Ten Producers in the Philadelphia region in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2015, and was the #1 Producer in the region in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Zwengler was employed by Smith Mack & Company, a Philadelphia-based regional commercial real estate services firm. At Smith Mack, he was responsible for the start-up of the firm’s property management operation and was ultimately involved in the leasing and management of several office buildings in the Philadelphia area.
He also served as a Senior Vice President at Legg Mason Real Estate Services, a commercial real estate pension fund advisor, for nine years. As Director of Asset Management, Mr. Zwengler was responsible for a $1.1 billion national real estate portfolio that included primarily office and retail investments, and encompassed more than 100 properties.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson: PA
- Pennsylvania Bar: Member
- New Jersey Bar: Member
Significant Transaction List
- Major Financial Institution - 892,000 SF - Sale
- Global Health Insurance Company - 500,000 SF - Sale
- Teva Pharmaceutical - 334,000 SF - Lease
- Independence Blue Cross - 180,000 SF - Lease
- Radian Group - 150,000 SF - Lease
- AmeriSource Bergen - 400,000 SF - Lease
- Subaru of America - 525,000 SF - Lease
- Major Financial Institution - 300,000 SF - Lease
- Bristol-Myers Squibb - 120,000 SF - Lease