J. Scott Patrick, MAI, CCIM, is a Director with over 25 years of real estate valuation and consulting experience. Mr. Patrick is in the Valuation & Advisory Services Group’s Oak Brook office in the North Central Region, with a primary geographical concentration being the greater Chicago Metro area and the State of Illinois.
Mr. Patrick is a member of the CBRE’s Retail Valuation Group, specializing in the valuation and analysis of institutional grade retail properties. In addition, Mr. Patrick has experience providing portfolio valuations, third party appraisal reviews, market studies, rent analyzes, feasibility studies, and litigation support. Mr. Patrick’s experience encompasses a wide variety of property types including regional malls, life-style centers, power centers, mixed-use assets, CBD and suburban office properties, industrial, and multi-family properties.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Patrick was Vice President—Asset Management of Rubicon Advisory, LLC, the managing entity for Rubicon US REIT and Rubicon America Trust. While at Rubicon, Mr. Patrick oversaw the asset management and operation of a 34 property, $1.3 billion commercial real estate portfolio comprised of 5.5 million SF of office properties and a single 1.0 million SF industrial facility. Geographically diverse, the portfolio is predominantly (85%) leased to federal (GSA) and state governmental agencies.
Prior to Rubicon Advisory, Mr. Patrick was Senior Manager—Appraisals for Allstate Investments, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Allstate Insurance. At Allstate, Mr. Patrick’s primary responsibilities included management of the collateral valuation process associated with Allstate’s $9.5 billion, 950-loan, commercial mortgage portfolio.
- Appraisal Institute—Designated Member (MAI No. 10314)
- CCIM Institute—Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM No. 13381)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser—State of Illinois (No. 553.000226)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker—State of Illinois (No. 475090543)
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, Bachelor of Science, Business; Real Estate Administration
Partial Transaction List
- John Hancock Center, Chicago, IL
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL
- Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
- Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL
- 900 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
- One Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL
- Deer Park Town Center, Deer Path, IL
- Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, MI
- Prudential Plaza, Chicago, IL
- 311 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
- Three First National Plaza, Chicago, IL
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- California Public Employees Retirement System
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Ohio State Teachers Retirement System
- Union Labor Life Insurance Company