For over 28 years, Sharon Kahan has focused her efforts on urban retail, mixed-use, lifestyle and luxury brand leasing property within the city of Chicago, including the Loop, Michigan Avenue, Gold Coast, River North and Lincoln Park, as well as some of the Chicago area’s more exclusive suburban communities. Sharon provides real estate and consulting services to landlords as well as to regional and national retailers seeking specialized representation in the Chicago market and elsewhere in the United States. Sharon’s strategic approach to real estate has proven invaluable in procuring tenants for retail assets and successfully analyzing sites and negotiating lease transactions for tenants.
In 2012 Sharon was honored as the recipient of The Greater Chicago Food Depository Retail Broker Of The Year for the second time in her career. This is the most prestigious award in Chicago real estate.
Sharon is an active member of the CBRE Urban Retail Group and the CBRE Global High Streets/International Retail Council, a national team for retail specialists who focus on downtowns, urban environments and specialty retail centers, both nationally and internationally.
Ms. Kahan currently consults for Paperchase (nationally), Dos Toros, Lalique, Barry’s Bootcamp, Goddess and Grocer/Baker, Xfinity, Kriser’s Natural Pet Store, Ike Behar, and Kid Snips in the Chicago area.
Ms. Kahan was the team leader in the rollout of Bank One (Chase Bank) in Chicago completing over 60 deals in a 30-month period.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Top 10 retail producer in Chicago region every year since joining CBRE in 2000
- 2012 Greater Chicago Food Depository Retail Broker of the Year
- Silver Recipient - 2005, 2007 Commercial Forum Award
- Recipient of the 2005 Retail Broker of the Year from the Greater Chicago Food Depository, and a finalist in 2007
- Greater North Michigan Avenue Association - Planning and Advocacy & Sign and Urban Design Committees
- Illinois Real Estate Brokerage License
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Performed the analysis on the Chicago portion and participated in the sale of the Barney’s properties to Flagship Partners LLC for $180 million
- Nominated for Retail Transaction of the Year - NAIOP - 1997 for the redevelopment of the retail space at the Drake Hotel