Simon Mattox is a co-leader of SoCal Retail | Investments Sales & Leasing Advisory, a CBRE team based in the South Bay region of Los Angeles, CA. The team provides a unique full service (sales & leasing) partnership approach to its investor, developer, landlord, and tenant clients. An expert in both multi-tenant and single tenant retail properties, Simon leads the team’s retail investment sales business which focuses exclusively on retail assets throughout California, with an emphasis on Southern California.
Drawing from his experiences as a former Army Officer / Blackhawk Pilot, Entrepreneur, and MBA, Simon emphasizes integrity, service, creativity, and attention to detail as the cornerstones of every transaction. Simon’s unique path to commercial real estate, along with his 20 plus years of experience has combined to make a dynamic deal maker with substantial value-add abilities. In addition to his expertise selling stabilized retail assets, Simon is widely recognized as a premier advisor to developers and investors engaged in retail reposition / redevelopment projects. He has personally facilitated numerous sales overseeing every aspect from entitlement to construction - stabilizing obsolete properties with tenants such as 7-Eleven and Chick-Fil-A creating millions in added value for his clients.
Simon is a proud alumnus of Clemson University with an undergraduate degree in Financial Management and Investments, he also possesses an MBA from the Grazadio School of Business Management, Pepperdine University. Simon has been a licensed real estate agent in multiple states and has personally invested and advised others on real estate investing since 1995. Simon is a resident of Hermosa Beach, CA. Outside the office, he enjoys playing beach volleyball, studying nutrition, and spending time with his daughter Teagan. Simon also enjoys giving back to his local community as a Pepperdine Waves of Service leader.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- US Army Aviation Association
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Grazadio Alumni Association, Pepperdine University (GAN) - Member
- Pepperdine Waves of Service – Leader
- Burgstone-Satchu Prize for Entrepreneurship – Harvard Business School
- Runner-Up – 2006 Harvard Business School Business Plan Competition
- Blackhawk Pilot – Captain, US Army
- Sales Awards include Marcus Millichap (M&M) Pace Setter, Super Broker 2013 (M&M), Broker of the Month August 2013 (M&M), Broker of the Month March 2015 (M&M), California Gold Pinnacle Performance (Aventis), Aventis Performance Ring, Best Product Knowledge (Aventis), Most Improved Team 2003 (Aventis), and many more.
- Pepperdine University, MBA; Grazadio School of Business Management
- Clemson University, BA; Financial Management and Investments