As Senior Vice President within CBRE’s retail practice, Susan Jones’ responsibilities include landlord and tenant representation, seller and buyer representation, land acquisition and development, as well as retail consulting services and market analysis throughout Virginia.
Susan’s career began in 1985 when she joined the Richmond, Virginia office of Faison & Associates in the developing and leasing of the James Center, a mixed-use commercial real estate development located in the central business district. In 1988 she joined Lingerfelt Development Corporation where she was involved in the development and project management of health care facilities in the Mid-Atlantic region. From 1990 to 1992 Susan worked in the Real Estate Asset Management Department of Investors Savings Bank, managing a portfolio of non-performing loans and foreclosed commercial real estate. Susan then spent five years with the Heilig-Meyers Company, a Fortune 500 home furnishings retailer. There, she specialized in land development, site selection and lease negotiation and was responsible for directing a portfolio of over 1,400 leased properties totaling 30 million square feet of retail space.
From 1998 to 2001, Susan was Director of Retail Brokerage at Dominion Commercial Realty, a local retail brokerage firm. In 2001, Susan joined the Retail Brokerage Team at Harrison & Bates Incorporated. She was promoted to Vice President in 2004 and in the following year became a shareholder. In 2007 Susan was promoted to Sr. Vice President and three years later was appointed to the Board of Directors. The firm affiliated with Colliers International in 2012 and she served on Colliers National Retail Leadership Steering Committee from 2013 to 2017, before joining CBRE in 2019.
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) – State Director 2009 – 2012; Member since 1998
- Greater Richmond Association of Commercial Real Estate (GRACRE) – Board Member 2008 – 2010; Member since 2002
- CREW – Richmond – Past President’s Council; President – 1998; Member since 1993
- Emergency Shelter, Inc. – Board Member Richmond non-profit for the homeless from 1997–2003 ; President 1999-2001
- Colliers International National Retail Leadership Committee; Co-Chair Landlord Practice Group
- Virginia Tech Real Estate Program, Richmond Steering Committee
- 2012 and 2015 Colliers | Richmond Top Producer
- 2010 – CREW Richmond’s Top 20 Women in Commercial Real Estate
- 2017 CoStar Power Broker
- Bachelor of Arts, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University