Thomas B. McDonnell
Thomas B. McDonnell, MAI, FRICS, CCIM, is the President, of CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services’ Americas region. His extensive experience in commercial real estate spans 25 years with more than 20 years specifically focused on the analysis and valuation of commercial real estate. As President, Thomas is responsible for more than 650 professionals in more than 90 offices within the Americas. He has successfully worked with some of CBRE’s most prestigious clients, including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley and Citibank.
Thomas currently sits in CBRE's Americas Strategy Group, formerly Americas Executive Committee and Americas Operations Management Board (AOMB). Also, former Executive Sponsor for CBRE University, which focuses on advanced professional learning and development.
Since 1991, Thomas has been engaged in the preparation of real estate appraisals, rent and market studies of a wide variety of property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, mixed-use, land, self-storage, automobile dealerships, mobile home parks, net leased investments, hotel/motel, parking garages and various special purpose properties. Prior to being appointed President, Thomas was Senior Managing Director of the North Central Region.
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI)
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute, Member (CCIM)
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Illinois
- Texas A&M University, Master of Agriculture
Land Economics and Real Estate Elmhurst College, Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- ALLSTATE Investment
- Babson Capital Mgmt LLC
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Bank of the West
- Barclays Capital Real Estate
- Bridgestone Firestone
- CIBC World Markets
- Citizens Bank
- Cohen Financial
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- Eurohypo AG
- Galileo Funds Management Ltd.
- Goldman Sachs
- Guarantee Bank
- Huntington National Bank
- Illinois State Teachers
- KeyBank Real Estate Capital
- Manulife Financial
- Morgan Stanley
- National City Bank
- Northern Trust Company
- Northmarq Capital
- PNC Bank
- Principal Real Estate Investors LLC
- RBS Greenwich Capital
- Rubicon Asset Management Ltd.
- SunTrust Bank
- Toyota Finance Services