Tim Smith is from the small town of Sackville, New Brunswick where he resides today with his wife and two kids. He has 11 plus years of experience directly in the Valuation & Advisory Services business and is currently a Director with CBRE for Valuation and Advisory Services in Atlantic Canada.
Tim has worked with local, regional and national investors, developers, landlords and financial institutions in the commercial real estate industry in merely all asset classes. Tim provides a varied real estate knowledge and prides himself especially on his local/regional real estate knowledge in Atlantic Canada.
Prior to joining CBRE Tim gained valuable exposure directly in the real estate appraisal industry by working with other top tier international appraisal firms, including Cushman and Wakefield in Calgary, AB, Colliers International in Halifax, NS and Moncton, NB, and most recently with Altus Group in Moncton, NB. Tim is a member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, New Brunswick Association of Real Estate Appraisers, Nova Scotia Real Estate Appraisal Association. He is also a member and a Director with the Building Owners & Managers Association of New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.
Tim is a "generalist” real estate appraiser in the Maritimes, and conducts valuation and consultation on a variety of real estate assignments, including the appraisal of industrial, retail, office, apartment, land (development/woodland/farmland/wetland/etc.), agricultural and specialty properties (i.e. aggregate pits, seniors housing, gas stations, convenience stores, etc.). Tim is also experienced in expropriation and right-of-way assignments as well as condominium reserve fund studies.
- AACI Designation, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
- Member of the New Brunswick Association of Real Estate Appraisers (NBAREA)
- Member of the Nova Scotia Real Estate Appraisers Association (NSREAA)
- Member of the Building Owners & Mangers Association of NB & PEI (BOMA-NBPEI)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA), Mount Allison University
- Diploma in Urban Land Economics (DULE), University of British Columbia
- Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI, P. App.), Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Right of Way Appraisal Certification (RW-A/C), International Right of Way Association (In Progress)
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- National Bank
- Various Credit Unions
- UNI Business
- IQ Commercial
- First National
- Skyline REIT
- Northview Apartment REIT
- Local, Provincial and Federal Governments
- Various Law Firms
- Various Private Corporations
- Various Brokerage Firms