Minneapolis, MN 55402
As Senior Managing Director for CBRE’s U.S. Real Estate Accounting Services, Travis Swenson oversees the property and fund accounting services provided for over 700 clients. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he is responsible for the leadership and guidance of more than 700 professionals representing in excess of 570 million square feet of real estate. Travis works closely with market leaders, account executives and real estate professionals to monitor and ensure the appropriate resources are implemented to increase value and meet client needs.
Over the course of his career in professional services, he has focused on strategic consulting, auditing, tax, corporate finance, the capital markets, and mergers and acquisitions – with a strong focus on the real estate and financial services industries.
Prior to joining CBRE, Travis was with the Capital Markets Advisory practice of Deloitte & Touche, where he led global financial institutions in the development and implementation of sustainable strategies to drive revenue growth while addressing strategic, financial, operational, regulatory and technology risks. Preceding this role, he was with Deloitte’s Financial Services Audit and Tax practices serving a variety of institutional asset management, private equity and alternative investment clients.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditation
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in Minnesota and California
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CIMA / AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (AICPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (AICPA)
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO)
- Private pilot, single engine land and sea, with instrument rating
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
Master of Business Administration (Executive MBA Program)
- University of San Diego, School of Business Administration
Bachelor of Accountancy
- Executive Advsiory Board, Carlson Consulting Enterprise, University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management (2013 – Present)
- Hedge Funds Care, Twin Cities Board (2009 – 2013)