As a core member of CBRE’s regional team Yanchao specializes in building sustainability services, including green building certification consultancy using systems such as LEED and Singapore BCA Green Mark, as well as energy efficiency improvement advisory services, including ASHRAE energy audits.
Yanchao was trained in building services engineering, and has in-depth expertise in building energy and HVAC systems, with extensive experience working on a wide variety of asset classes and project types in countries across Asia.
Whether providing stand-alone energy efficiency advisory, program managing, or working as an integral member of green building certification project teams, Yanchao provides proven energy and sustainability solutions, prioritised and optimised to be cost-effective and achieve client project goals. His comprehensive project experience allows Yanchao to bring new perspectives to projects aligned with internationally recognised industry standards.
Before joining CBRE, Yanchao worked at RESET Carbon where he was responsible for providing energy audits on assets with intensive energy signatures and complex systems, including numerous manufacturing facilities in South East Asia and also provided sustainability planning services to the University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Airport Authority. Prior to that, he worked at AECOM in Hong Kong, providing LEED & HK BEAM consultancy services to new developments. He also worked as a green building consultant at EMSI, a subsidiary of Carrier Corporation, for 4 years where, in addition, he specialized in Carrier’s air conditioning system energy retrofit projects.
Accreditations and affiliations
- US Green Building Council LEED® AP BD+C
- Certified Energy Manager, Association of Energy Engineers (CEM)
- Member of the Association of Energy Engineers (MAEE)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technolgoy (MIET)
- BEng in Refrigeration and Air Conditoning: Shanghai Jiao Tong Unversity
- MSc in Intelligent Building Technology & Management: the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Coca Cola
- Henderson Land
- Hilton Worldwide
- Hong Kong Airport Authority
- New World Development
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- The University of Hong Kong
- United Technologies Corporation
- VF Corporation