Zach Bowyer is Senior Managing Director for CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services and National Practice Leader for CBRE’s Seniors Housing & Care specialty practice. Specializing in the seniors housing sector for over fifteen years, Zach has completed over $50 billion in aggregate valuation and consulting assignments throughout the U.S.
Services provided include third-party valuations, operational due diligence, asset management, market studies, and feasibility analyses of single-asset to large portfolio transactions. Clients served include a broad base of lenders, local and national investment firms, development and operating companies, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies and REITs. Zach has also worked with other asset classes including multifamily, office, and industrial.
Zach is a regular panel contributor at industry events such as NIC, NCREIF and ULI. He is the Vice Chair of ULI’s Seniors Housing Council and on the Advisory Committee for the American Seniors Housing Association. He has published a number of articles and authors the CBRE Seniors Housing Investor Survey & Market Outlook.
Zach currently serves on the Board of Directors and is the Government Relations Chair for the MA Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. He volunteers on the Advisory Committee for the Hope Funds for Cancer Research; a foundation committed to the investigation of innovative cancer treatment and detection for the most difficult-to-treat and understudied cancers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Member of the Appraisal Institute: Board of Directors, Government Relations Chair, Leadership Development and Advisory Council
- Urban Land Institute: Seniors Housing Council, Vice Chair
- American Seniors Housing Association: Advisory Committee
- National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing & Care Industry
- NCREIF: Panel Participant, Coming of Age for Seniors Housing
- SeniorCare Investor: Regular Panel Participant
- Board of Assessors: Instructor, Valuing Seniors Housing for Litigation
- Appraisal Institute: Instructor, Valuation of Special Use Properties
University of Florida, B.A.
Major: Business Administration/Finance Focus
Minor: Food and Resource Economics
Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
Multiple Advanced Level Courses
- AEW Capital
- AHI REIT
- Bank Leumi
- BBVA Compass
- BOK Financial
- Capital One
- Colony Northstar
- CNL Healthcare REIT
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- Harrison Street
- Bain Capital
- Kayne Anderson
- Key Bank
- M & T Bank
- Omega Healthcare
- PGIM Investors
- PGIM Mortgage
- Starwood Capital