Mr. Sawayer joined CBRE/New England in 1992 and is responsible for all engineering and technical services for CBRE/NE's managed properties. Prior to joining CBRE/NE, Mr. Sawayer was with CC&F Asset Management Company for 17 years in a variety of capacities, most recently as Senior Engineer for all engineering and technical services for a portfolio in excess of 30 MSF.
Mr. Sawayer has a broad scope of duties including the development, maintenance and installation of proprietary PM software. Additional responsibilities include the review of all PM maintenance reports, selection and evaluation of engineering staff of over 140 building engineers, survey of systems for all new assignments, and all technical issues beyond the qualifications of building staff. He also provides due diligence studies for clients purchasing buildings, lease renewals and refinancing of properties. He sets up capital expenditure budgets and performs construction management services for major systems renovations, replacements and overhauls. A graduate of Northeastern University, Mr. Sawayer holds a bachelor's degree and has completed graduate work at Franklin Institute and Wentworth Institute.
- Received four ASHRAE energy conservation awards for 950,000 SF office building
- Served as an instructor at BOMI and taught five years at the SMA
- Sat on the board of regulations for the City of Hartford, CT
- Currently serving on the BOMA Engineering Committee
- Awarded BOMA Executive Engineer of the Year, 2010