Brian ended his formal career with CBRE overseeing the firm’s global Debt & Structured Finance practice in March 2023. He will act as a senior advisor to CBRE through the end of 2023.
Under his leadership, more than 220 professionals worldwide originated nearly $80 billion in 2022 with more than 450 different lenders. Loan sizes ranged from less than $1 million to $1 billion plus. Additionally, this practice now maintains a loan services portfolio of over $370 billion globally.
Brian’s background includes the origination, structuring, placement, closing and servicing of commercial real estate debt for life insurance companies, pension funds, banks, debt funds, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, FHA and CMBS. He is the past Chairman (2019/2020) of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) and is an active Board member of the organization’s non-profit, Opens Doors. The MBA has provided rental and mortgage assistance to more than 10,000 families of critically or terminally ill children providing over $17 million in grants since 2011.
Brian began his career with Coldwell Banker Commercial in 1981 in Southern California and became a senior real estate finance officer in the firm’s LaJolla, California, office. He moved to Houston, Texas in 1997 where he concluded his career after traveling extensively for over a decade.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Mortgage Bankers Association – Past Chairman of the Mortgage Bankers Association, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee; Past Chairman of Audit Committee; Past Chairman of Commercial Real Estate/Multifamily Finance Board of Governors; Past Chairman of Capital Markets Committee; past Co-Chairman of Task Force on GSE Reform
- Contributor to and author of numerous industry articles published in national and local publications
- Experienced guest speaker, panelist and moderator for numerous organizations and industry conferences nationwide
- San Diego State University- Master of Business Administration; Finance
- California State University, Fullerton- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting; Minor, Real Estate