10 East Doty Street
Madison, WI 53703
Charlie Knudsen, CFA joined CBRE Capital Advisors, Inc. in December of 2020, as a Managing Director in the Madison, Wisconsin office with over 40 years of institutional fixed income securities and commercial loan investing experience.
Mr. Knudsen heads the Private Placement Bond line of business for Capital Advisors which specializes in Credit Tenant Lease (CTL) private placement securities, bifurcated ground lease finance and other asset-backed and lease-backed securities.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Knudsen was a founding principal and Managing Director of QuadCapital Advisors, a structured finance and real estate advisory services firm which was formed in 1998. Mr. Knudsen has been actively involved in industry-related endeavors and has contributed his time and expertise to numerous initiatives throughout his career including his leadership as a founding member of the Board of Governors and past President of the Chartered Realty Investor Society, a not-for-profit organization that developed the CRI® designation. Mr. Knudsen is also a former Chairman of the Investment Committee and former member of the Board of Governors of the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CFA® charterholder, CFA Institute
- CRI® Charter holder, Chartered Realty Investor Society
- FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7 and 63)
- FINRA Investment Banking Representative (Series 79)
- University of Northern Iowa, Bachelor of Arts in Business Management, Finance
- University of Northern Iowa; Master of Business Administration