4301 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Dennis Hearst brings over 30 years of commercial broker experience to CBRE in San Diego. Since 1990, Dennis has exclusively represented tenants and occupiers. He specializes in law firm and corporate tenant representation, built-to-suit representation, client portfolio management and lease vs. own analyses. In the last 10 years alone, he has successfully negotiated lease transactions in excess of $1 billion in total consideration and sale transactions in excess of $400 million.
Mr. Hearst began his commercial real estate career in 1980 with Coldwell Banker in Newport Beach, where he spent three years as a broker. He relocated to San Diego and joined Grubb & Ellis, where he worked for six years as a Senior Marketing Consultant, after which he developed his technical tenant representation expertise during 11 years with Cushman Realty Corporation as Vice President and Managing Director of the San Diego office. Mr. Hearst was a Managing Principal with The Staubach Company for four years and a Senior Director with Cushman & Wakefield for five years prior to joining CBRE as Senior Vice President in 2011.
Mr. Hearst is a member of CBRE's National Law Firm Practice Group and Healthcare Services Group. Aside from his Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Corporate Real Estate, Dennis holds a Master degree in Workplace Strategies, giving him a deep understanding of workplace assessments, strategy development and change management. Dealing with many beginning-stage as well as large, complex multi-location companies, Dennis knows “the details are not the details, they are the deal.” Additionally, he is a frequent moderator, panelist and public speaker in the San Diego commercial real estate community. He also chairs the popular Lunch & Learn series featuring topics such as Broker Best Practices, Lease vs. Own, BOMA Measurements and Hotly Contested Lease Negotiation Issues.
Dennis carries his energy and expertise throughout his daily life including spending time with his four children, enjoying many sports and teaching. He has a passion for horseback riding and endurance athletics including long distance bicycle racing and touring, triathlons and mountain climbing. Dennis was an age-group winner at the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii, overall winner of Paris-Brest-Paris bicycle race in France, and many other competitions to support charitable causes. His passion for endurance has led to his climbing to the top of many of world’s highest peaks in his goal of reaching The Seven Summits.
- CCIM – Board of Directors, San Diego Chapter President 2007
- CCIM Senior Instructor CI 101 (Financial Analysis) and CI 103 (User Decision Analysis)
- SIOR – Board of Directors, San Diego Chapter President 2009
- SIOR – Co-Chair of Tenant Rep Specialty Practice Board
- Mentor of the Year, San Diego Region, 2015
- CoreNet – MCR Candidate and Executive Committee for San Diego sub Chapter
- CBRE Law Firm Practice Group
- TechAmerica / AeA (American Electronics Association)
- Tech Coast Angels
- Broker, California Department of Real Estate
- CCIM – Board of Directors, San Diego Chapter President 2007, Senior Instructor CI 101 (Financial Analysis) and CI 103 (User Decision Analysis)
- SIOR – Co-Chair of Tenant Rep Specialty Practice Board. Board of Directors, San Diego Chapter President 2009
- CoreNet – Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR), Master of Corporate Real Estate – Workplace (MCR.w), Executive Committee for San Diego Sub-Chapter
- CBRE Law Firm Practice Group and Healthcare Services Group
- Broker, California Department of Real Estate
- University of California, Davis; Bachelors of Science
- Alaris Medical, Inc. – 165,000 SF, HQ Lease
- AT&T – 360,000 SF, Office Leases (Regional Exclusive)
- Booz Allen-Hamilton – 188,000 SF, Office Leases
- Carl Zeiss Vision – 36,000 SF, HQ Lease and National Exclusive
- Cisco Systems – 65,000 SF, Office Leases
- Conexant – 200,000 SF, HQ Sale/Leaseback
- County of San Diego – 360,000 SF, Courthouse/DA Office Build-to-Suit
- Euro RSCG – 48,000 SF, HQ Lease
- Factory 2-U Stores, Inc. – 601,000 SF, HQ and DC Build-to-Suit
- General Instrument – 400,000 SF, Build-to-Suit (Nogales, Mexico)
- Harte-Hanks – 44,000 SF, Office Lease
- Intuit – 467,000 SF, Build-to-Suit
- LG Electronics – 79,000 SF, Office Lease
- National Pen – 46,000 SF, HQ Lease
- Novatel Wireless – 100,000 SF, HQ Lease and Global Exclusive
- Pacific Bell – 362,000 SF, Office Leases (Regional Exclusive)
- Packet Video – 63,000 SF, HQ Office Lease
- University of Southern California – 13,000 SF, Medical Office Leases
- Woodbury University – 37,000 SF, San Diego Architecture School
Professional Firms (partial list)
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble & Mallory
- Baker & McKenzie
- Brobeck Phleger & Harrison
- Ernst & Young
- Haight Brown & Bonesteel
- Kenneth Leventhal & Co.
- Kimball, Tirey & St. John
- Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps
- Manning & Kass, Ellrod Ramirez
- Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker
- Pillsbury Madison & Sutro
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Troutman Sanders
- Tuverson & Hillyard
Tenant Representation Lifecycle
View the Tenant Representation Lifecycle
Lease Expiration Reminder
Sign up for Free Lease Expiration Reminder
Specializing in representing tenants in San Diego and globally.
As a strategic business partner, we deliver real value by keeping you informed and using a sophisticated process with distinct steps to ultimately achieve you and your company’s business objectives. A gap free real estate strategy is possible with support from our team that is constantly monitoring all intricacies, global or local.
Our goal is to help maximize your business strategy by reducing costs, minimizing risks, and providing unparalleled resources.