Find Your Perfect Space
1900 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Kannan Sankaran is a Senior Vice President of CBRE Hotels Valuation & Advisory and is stationed in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. With more than 23 years of professional experience in the hospitality industry, Mr. Sankaran offers expertise in market and economic feasibility studies, strategic asset advisory assignments, highest and best use analyses, acquisition and disposition due diligence, complex asset and business valuation assignments, RFP development and execution, impact studies, litigation support, and development and operational planning. His consulting engagements cover a broad spectrum of real estate asset types including hotels, resorts, golf courses, marinas, conference/convention centers, and private schools (K-12), among others.
Clients include private equity firms, real estate development companies, major sources of debt financing, major hotel companies, associations, public REITS, all branches of the United States Department of Defense, and numerous municipalities and public agencies. Kannan has assisted clients on assignments throughout the U.S. including Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico, as well as in Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Germany, England, Japan, England, and South Korea.
Mr. Sankaran is a frequent guest lecturer at university-level hotel school programs and related industry events and has been quoted in local and national publications, and is a founding member on the Tourism Leadership Council of The George Washington University’s Master of Science in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (MS THEM) program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration-Finance from The George Washington University (Washington, DC)
- Master’s degree in Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management-International Hospitality Management from The George Washington University (Washington, DC)
- Conrad Washington DC
New Development Advisory
- Frenchman’s Reef Redevelopment
U.S. Virgin Islands
- Davenport Hotel Collection
Strategic Asset Advisory
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay
Operational Review Advisory
- Hotel Management Companies (Donohoe Hospitality, Aimbridge Hospitality)
- National and Regional Lending Institutions (Bank Holding Companies and Commercial Banks)
- Private Sector Developers, Owners, & Investors
- Public Real Estate Investment Trusts (Ashford Hospitality Trust, Park Hotels & Resorts)
- United States Department of Defense Organizations (US Air Forces Force Support Squadron, OSD MC&FP Strategy and Innovation Office)
- Universities (West Virginia University, Penn State University)
- Various Municipalities and other Public Entities (Maryland Economic Development Corporation, Fairfax County Park Authority)