As the Managing Director of Project Management for CBRE’s Mid-Atlantic region, Michael Considine is responsible for directing all project management services within the local market area. Leveraging over thirty-five years of progressive experience in the management of architectural and interiors engagements, Mr. Considine successfully demonstrates the ability to strategically advise clients in the leasing, development, planning and design of their projects. He is adept at designing business processes and tools which effectively manage client engagements by clearly understanding the client’s business issues relative to real estate, defining the project scope, planning/scheduling the project and reducing costs.
Prior to joining CBRE, he was Principal as some of the largest architectural firms in the world. He has led numerous corporate campus projects, accounting, financial services, law, government, healthcare, and building renovation/repositioning projects.
During his career, Michael has received numerous project awards from industry organizations such as the NAIOP for Best Renovation, Best Public Space and Best Architecture and Interiors from IIDA, NAIOP and the AIA.
- Licensed Interior Designer, NCIDQ Certified, Washington DC
- LEED AP, BD-C Accredited
- Member: CoreNet, DCBIA, NAOIPInterior Design, 1979, Division of Comprehensive Design & Planning, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale IL
- Twenty six design awards for clients such as Computer Sciences Corporation, Greenberg Traurig, Nixon Peabody, PricewaterhouseCoopers, MCI, WR Grace, Ryland, Fairfax County Government Center, FDIC, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Publications and articles include AIA Architect, Building Design & Construction, Corporate Real Estate Executive, Interior Design, Interiors, Contract, Alt Office Journal, Process Architecture, Newsweek, HQ and Facilities Design & Management magazines.
- Bachelor of Science - Interior Design, 1979, Division of Comprehensive Design & Planning, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale IL Minor: Industrial Engineering, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale IL
- RTKL University – Technical Training Programs
- Perkins+Will – Sustainable Design Training Programs, Deltek Marketing and Project Management Systems Training
- USGBC-GBI – Sustainable Design Continuing Education Programs
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- The Corporate Executive Board Company
- Global Crossing Ltd.
- Jacobs Engineering
- LECG Corporation
- Reed Elsevier
- The Strayer University Corporation
- Suzo-Happ Group
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Bancroft PLLC
- Dentons US LLP
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC
- Fulbright & Jaworski LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Whiteford Taylor Preston, LLP
Government Affairs Offices
- Bayer Corporation USA
- The Ford Motor Company
- Herman Miller, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- MasterCard Incorporated
- News Corporation (News Corp)
- Acon Investments, LLC
- Arlington Capital Partners
- Chevy Chase Bank, F.S.B
- Cypress Growth Capital, LLC
- HFF, L.P.
- John Hancock
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- SMS Mortgage
Not For Profit Organizations
- The American Association for Justice
- The Americas Community Bankers
- The American Medical Association
- The Gerontological Society of America
- League of Conservation Voters
- The National Consumers League
- The Public Welfare Foundation
- LMC Properties
- ManTech International Corporation
Other Select Tenants Represented
- Berman and Company
- Lowe Enterprises
- Reward Plus
- U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
From planning, through design and construction, to the seamless completion of the move, our team will help you achieve your goals.
Our core mission is to add value for our clients at every step in the process. From planning, through design and construction, to the seamless completion of the move, our team will help you achieve your goals and save you time, money, and headaches.
- 3 M
- America Online,Inc.
- American College of Cardiology
- American Legacy Foundation
- Arnall Golden Gregory
- Andrews & Ingersoll
- Bea Systems, Inc.
- Behringer Harvard
- Bogart Associated,
- Bryan Cave,
- Caplin & Drysdale
- City of Detroit
- Constellation Energy
- Consumer Electronics Association
- Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors,Inc.
- COX Broadcasting
- COX Newspapers
- DCT Industries
- Ease Technologies
- Eveready Battery Co.
- Exeter Government Services
- Fulbright & Jaworski,
- General Dynamics,
- George Washington University,
- Gilbane Associate
- GSA, Intelligent Office
- Johnson Lambert & Company
- Jones Day
- Metro Orthopedics & Sports Therapy
- Network Solution
- Ohio State University
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Realty Executives
- Sack Harris & Martin
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Seventh Day Adventist School
- Shearman & Sterling
- Sunrise Assisted Living Facilities
- Tax Analysts
- The Hudson Institute
- The Limited, Inc.
- United States Green Building Council,
- United States Institute of Peace,
- United States Secret Services – Embassy in Zaire,
- Verizon Wireless
- Vinson & Elkins
- World Partners
- YKK AP America
- Lucent Technologies
- Miller & Chevalier
LEED SustainabilitySustainability is a driving force for CBRE. Besides CBRE’s ambitious goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2010, CBRE has been name the Energy Star Partner of the Year and has received the USGBC’s Award of Excellence.
CBRE not only lives and acts sustainability, but CBRE is involved in many LEED projects throughout the world. Locally, the project management team has worked on LEED projects such as, Pew Charitable Trusts, Time Warner Cable, Ernst & Young, Society for Neuroscience, and the new United States Green Building Council office.
CBRE Project Management incorporates sustainability measures into every project we are involved with, while also focusing on cost savings for the client. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss how your project can incorporate LEED features and benefits into the scope of the project for additional cost and energy savings.
The CBRE Project Management Team offers a variety of sustainability services, including In-House LEED Consulting Services. We approach the LEED process through two phases: Feasibility Report and Gap Analysis Phase and Full Certification Phase.
CBRE’s cost segregation professionals perform a non-intrusive yet detailed engineering study of a building’s walls, floors, ceilings, plumbing, electrical, lighting, telecommunications, heating and cooling systems in order to identify specific components that qualify to be depreciated over 5, 7 and 15 years rather than 27.5 for multi-family buildings or 39 years for commercial buildings. Our cost segregation studies are based on well-founded interpretations of the Internal Revenue Code Sections, applicable court cases, and revenue rulings.
Although every situation is different, the following chart provides examples of the typical benefits one can expect Cost Segregation to create based on the type of building.
Present Value of Tax Benefits Per $1,000,000 Building Cost
- Auto Dealership | Year 1 - $10,000 | Years 1-6 - $45,000 | Total Tax Life - $40,000
- Restaurant | Year 1 - $19,000 | Years 1-6 - $74,000 | Total Tax Life - $66,000
- Regional Shopping Center | Year 1 - $11,000 | Years 1-6 - $49,000 | Total Tax Life - $45,000
- Office Building | Year 1 - $7,000 | Years 1-6 - $33,000 | Total Tax Life - $31,000
- Multi-Family | Year 1 - $15,000 | Years 1-6 - $59,500 | Total Tax Life - $47,000
- Strip Mall | Year 1 - $11,000 | Years 1-6 - $48,000 | Total Tax Life - $43,000
- Medical Office Building | Year 1 - $14,000 | Years 1-6 - $50,000 | Total Tax Life - $42,000
- Senior Living Facility | Year 1 - $14,000 | Years 1-6 - $60,000 | Total Tax Life - $50,000
- Hotel | Year 1 - $11,000 | Years 1-6 - $48,000 | Total Tax Life - $43,000
- Light Manufacturing | Year 1 - $13,000 | Years 1-6 - $56,000 | Total Tax Life - $47,000
- Heavy Manufacturing | Year 1 - $21,000 | Years 1-6 - $87,000 | Total Tax Life - $71,000
- High-Tech | Year 1 - $53,000 | Years 1-6 - $210,000 | Total Tax Life - $180,000
- Highly-Themed Mall | Year 1 - $17,000 | Years 1-6 - $72,000 | Total Tax Life - $64,000