8888 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Steve LaMotte, Jr. is an Executive Vice President and co-leads CBRE’s Indianapolis Louisville Multifamily team.
He began his career with CBRE in 1994 and has focused exclusively on the sale of apartment property throughout the Central US. Steve and his team have led production in their markets on large, institutional-grade and high-profile assignments. His team is the leader in the portfolio and Class “A” segments of the market with $1.2B and $2.0B, respectively, since 2017.
Steve is a member of CBRE’s Institutional Properties, a small group of national market leaders who focus largely on institutional-grade assets and transactions of size. He has been involved in the sale of nearly $6 billion of apartment product. He is routinely included among CBRE’s top 10% of Investment Properties producers nationally and is consistently the top producer in CBRE’s Indianapolis office.
Steve sits on the Advisory Board to the IU Kelley School of Business Center for Real Estate Studies and is a regular presenter to the IU real estate program. He sits on the Apartment Life Midwest Advisory Board. He is a regular presenter to the Louisville Apartment Association, Midwest Real Estate News regional events and has presented to the Indiana Bar Association, Indiana Apartment Association, Apartment Life and a number of other organizations.
Steve is involved with several charitable organizations including Northview Christian Church where his family are members and where he is a high school youth group leader. A former high school and college pole vaulter, he was the volunteer pole vault coach at his children's high school for eight years, and is a water sports enthusiast and snow skier.
Specialties: Execution of strategic dispositions and restructuring of multifamily assets including portfolio transactions in various markets throughout the Central US.
- Member of CBRE's Institutional Properties
- Co-leader of Central Midwest Multifamily
- IU Kelley School of Business, Benecki Center for Real Estate Studies, Advisory Board Member
- Indiana Apartment Association, Member
- Louisville Apartment Association, Presenter of the annual Industry Outlook, Member
- CBRE Top Producer, Indianapolis Office - 2007, 2012, 2014-2016
- Top Five Producer, CBRE, Indianapolis - 2004, 2007, 2010-2016
- Top 20 Investment Properties Producer, CBRE, Americas - 2014 and First half 2016
- Top 250 Overall Producer, CBRE, Americas - 2007, 2014-2016
- Indianapolis’ Best & Brightest finalist – 2007, 2008
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business, Bachelor of Science, Finance, 1993
- Urban Core Portfolio | Six Central US Markets | 2,257 Units
- Aimco Portfolio | Indianapolis, IN | 2,103 Units
- Southeast Institutional Portfolio | Louisville, KY | 1,550 Units
- Cottages of Fall Creek | Indianapolis, IN | 752 Units
- Lakeshore | Indianapolis, IN | 740 Units (sold twice)
- Millennium & Bloom | Bloomington, IN | 714 Units (sold twice)
- Meridian Realty Portfolio | Indianapolis/Carmel, IN | 640 Units
- Mallgate of St. Matthews | Louisville, KY | 540 Units (sold three times)
- Scandia | Indianapolis, IN | 444 Units
- Keeneland Crest | Indianapolis, IN | 424 Units
- Prairie Lakes | Noblesville, IN | 402 Units
- Valley Ranch | Ann Arbor, MI | 384 Units
- Northlake Village | Noblesville, IN | 348 Units
- Woodbridge | Louisville, KY | 360 Units
- Lakes of Carmel | Carmel, IN | 324 Units
- 82 Flats | Indianapolis, IN | 232 Units
- Cosmopolitan on the Canal | Indianapolis, IN (Downtown) | 218 Units
- Alex Brown Realty
- ASB Capital
- CityScape Residential
- Continental Realty Advisors
- Covenant Capital
- Flaherty & Collins
- Gene B. Glick Co.
- Harbor Group International
- Herman & Kittle
- J.C. Hart
- Kensington Realty Advisors
- Oak Residential
- Sheehan Companies
- Western-Southern Life/Eagle Realty
Team Overview - Investment Properties Indianapolis Louisville Multifamily
Specializing in Multifamily Disposition Strategies Across the Midwest and Midsouth Regions.
Team Total Transactions
Avg. Transaction Size Since 2016
Team Total Units Sold
Team Total Sales Volume
Recent Sales Volume Since 2014
Years of CRE Experience - Team Combined
In the News
- Indianapolis Business Journal
March 21, 2023
Pacers Sports and Entertainment owner is creating a $20 million project to be named Commission Row. The project will include a 30,000 SF building that will include an upscale restaurant, a basement-level speak-easy tavern, and a private event space. The three spaces will employ a combined 250 people. Local restaurateur Mike Cunningham will operate the entertainment and culinary facility near Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
- Indianapolis Business Journal
February 17, 2023
Keystone Group developers have released details about the $1 billion mixed-use development that includes a 20,000-seat soccer stadium for the Indy Eleven soccer team along the White River and 4,000-seat entertainment venue. Additionally, renderings show at least five high-rise buildings for apartments, a hotel, and office space. Demolition and remediation are expected to start in May 2023 and is expected to be complete by Indy Eleven’s 2025 season.
- Indy Chamber
November 22, 2022
Indianapolis has been selected to host the Women’s and Men’s NCAA Basketball Final Four in 2028/2029 at Lucas Oil Stadium with Indiana Sports Corp., the Horizon League, and IUPUI sharing hosting duties. The selection marks the 10th time Indianapolis has won a bid to host the college basketball championship event and will mark the fourth time Indianapolis will host the men’s and women’s Final Fours in consecutive years.
- Indianapolis Business Journal
August 2, 2022
Kite Realty recently unveiled plans to transform the Pan Am Plaza into a $550 million hotel and add nearly 200,000 square feet of space to the current convention center. The plans ultimately call for two new Hilton hotels (the first a 40-story Signia hotel) with a combined 1,400 rooms. Both hotels will be connected to the Indiana Convention Center expansion and include 143,000 SF of meeting space and include a 50,000 SF ballroom. The project could create more than 3,000 new union construction jobs. The first hotel is expected to open in 2024.
26 Units/54 Beds
New Castle, IN
New Albany, IN
352 Units/556 Beds
Arlington Heights, IL