United States of America Industrial MarketView Q2 2014
- With an imbalance of supply and demand persisting in the industrial sector, the nation’s availability rate dropped 30 basis points in Q2 2014.
- The falling availability rate is translating into rising rents—now up 4.5% from year-ago levels, outpacing the rate of inflation.
- The nation’s factories are humming again, and industrial capacity utilization rates are back to historical averages; firms will soon need to start investing in new facilities as demand for their products increases in the expanding economy.
- E-commerce continues to expand, taking products off retail shelves and putting them into warehouses, helping to drive industrial net absorption numbers.
- The important economic drivers are all expanding—industrial production, exports and imports have all set new all-time records.