EMEA Real Estate Market Outlook 2016
- The recent equity market volatility has focussed many minds on downside risk but there are good reasons to expect that European property will outperform other assets in 2016.
- Office leasing is still in an early stage of recovery in many European countries/cities, and occupier demand will continue to improve as the economic recovery continues.
- Office vacancy rates fell at the fastest rate since 2007 in 2015 and are expected to fall further in 2016 helped by a so-far limited development response in most markets.
- The dichotomy between high performing prime and struggling secondary retail will remain in 2016 but at least rising retail spending on the back of higher real disposable incomes will be of some benefit to all retail.
- There is increasing emphasis on city logistics property with investors as well as occupiers attracted by the necessity of these properties in e-commerce supply chains.