Texas Industrial MarketView Q3 2017
- Texas net absorption more than doubled in Q3 2017 as primary markets saw a strong rebound compared to the first half of 2017.
- Dallas reported the largest numeric increase compared to last quarter; however, Houston saw net absorption soar more than five times larger than its previous quarter – largely due to the delivery of Daikin’s manufacturing facility, now the latest tilt-wall structure in existence.
- El Paso remained the only market to have already surpassed 2016 annual net absorption.
- Across the board, all Texas markets reported positive net abortion and single-digit vacancy.
- Aggregate leasing data from top transactions across Texas markets show that 26% of year-to-date activity was attributed to demand from the distribution and logistics industry. Wholesale, food and beverage, and e-commerce together also contributed a sturdy 35% to positive movements this year.