United Kingdom Healthcare MarketView March 2016
Structural change will drive innovation across the Healthcare industry. Knowledgeable participants, investors and operators alike, are increasingly innovative in their operational, financing and strategic decision making.
- NHS – Innovative partnerships are emerging between forward thinking NHS Trusts and the private sector.
- Primary care – Developers/investors should be positioning themselves for the development tap being turned back on.
- Retirement living – Fundamental challenges within the sector are restricting its development as an established investment class.
- Charities – Since 2015, we have seen increased investor demand for leading charitable operators whilst those same operators are becoming the go-to trade buyers.
- UK Care home market – Demand, challenges and investment opportunities resulting from National Living Wage (NLW) and the fee rate rise response.
- Debt finance – Structural reforms are causing concern over operating profits and the long-term serviceability of debt. CBRE can help access and advise on a wide range of debt sources and solutions.