Asia Pacific Infographics - Capital Flow Monitor - Asian Outbound Investment H1 2016
- Asian capital remained active in overseas markets in H1 2016. Chinese groups were particularly lively, accounting for around 60% of total outbound investment, led by insurance firms.
- The Americas continued to attract the largest share of Asian outbound investment. New York overtook London as the top city destination for Asian capital.
- The period saw strong cross-border investment within Asia as investors sought to diversify domestic market risks and achieve higher returns.
- Experienced investors are increasingly exploring alternative sectors such as student housing. Hospitality assets are also receiving stronger interest.
- More investors are purchasing portfolios. Five of the top ten Asian outbound transactions in H1 2016 were portfolio deals.