India Real Estate Market Outlook 2019
Backed by positive economic fundamentals, healthy demand and quality supply infusion across sectors, India’s real estate sector is poised for strong growth in 2019.
- Office – After a landmark 2018, the sector is looking forward to another strong year as new sources of demand emerge and quality supply enters the market.
- Retail - Almost 10-12 million sq. ft. of supply is expected this year, even as experiential retail and omni-channel will continue to redefine the sector.
- Industrial / Logistics – Close to 60 million sq. ft. of new space will be added till 2020; the share of grade A supply is expected to increase.
- Residential – Sales and new launches expected to improve; affordable and mid segment to lead amidst government initiatives and developer realignment of product-mix.
- Capital Markets – Appetite for greenfield might strengthen; core assets will also continue to be favoured; due diligence and counter-party credibility to come into sharper focus.