Refocusing Supply Chains in the COVID-19 Era
• The months-long global supply chain disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has uncovered serious flaws in supply chain organisations and raised questions as to the viability of long-accepted supply chain practices.
• This paradigm shift is prompting companies to review and transform their supply chain models as they attempt to recover from the current phase of the crisis while looking to mitigate the impact of similar shocks that may occur in future.
• This ViewPoint by CBRE identifies the main supply chain priorities and strategies for companies preparing to operate in a world in which the movement of goods and people will be fundamentally different to the previous norm. These include:
• Expand network resiliency
• Boost local inventory
• Adapt to the new retail landscape
• Leverage new and low-cost technology