The CBRE Summer 2019 Seniors Housing & Care Investor Survey includes perspectives from the most influential seniors housing investors, developers, lenders and brokers throughout the United States, providing insights on the current and future state of the seniors housing & care market.
- Investor interest in seniors housing remains strong, with 62% of survey respondents expecting to increase the size of their portfolios over the next 12 months.
- Independent living and assisted living tied for the most preferred segments.
- Rising interest in the active-adult segment could eventually disrupt traditional seniors housing.
- Capitalization rates showed little movement from a year ago and most survey respondents (68%) expect them to remain stable over the next 12 months.
- Investors’ top concern was property-level operating costs, followed by construction (supply vs. demand fundamentals).