How to Register in Supplier Shield
To onboard in Supplier Shield, you must be invited by CBRE. The invite is for a specific business opportunity. If you are interested in doing business with CBRE but haven’t been invited to onboard in Supplier Shield, register in CBRE’s Supplier Portal at CBRE’s Procurement Advantage.
- Supplier Onboarding Initiation
CBRE will invite you to onboard. The CBRE employee who invited you to onboard in Supplier Shield will be your designated point of contact for the duration of the registration process.
- Supplier Onboarding Forms
You will receive an email from Coupa (on behalf of CBRE) with a link to register in the Coupa Supplier Portal and complete CBRE-specific forms. This process takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and includes the requirement for you to verify your identity and banking information through DIRO.
- Onboarding Due Diligence
CBRE will complete the onboarding due diligence process with DIRO, undertake an initial screening through Moody’s and perform a duplicate supplier check.
- Vendor Creation
You are established as a ‘vendor’ in our finance and work order system.
- Risk Assessment Initiation by CBRE
The end-to-end risk assessment process must be completed in 60 days following onboarding.
- Coupa Risk Assessment
You will receive an email from Coupa (on behalf of CBRE) with a link to start the Supplier Shield risk assessment process. You may need to engage with other members of your organization to verify the answers to certain questions.
- Risk Assessment Due Diligence (as needed)
Most suppliers will need to undergo risk assessment due diligence processes through GRMS. This process verifies your health and safety framework, insurance, supplier diversity certification and business continuity plans.
- Final Consideration
An internal review will be performed for any suppliers that indicate a high residual risk in consultation with CBRE subject matter experts as required.
Items are available in English for download. These items are specific to the United States (U.S.).
- Contact Information
You will need to provide details of at least two (2) Points of Contact for your organization – one (1) of which should be the Service Desk to receive Day One (1) Purchase Orders. For each POC, you will require:
- Contact purpose
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Mobile phone number
- Work phone number
- Tax Identification Number and W-9 Tax Form
- Provide your Tax Identification Number; and
- Submit your IRS W-9 dated 2018 or later.
- A registered business address; and
- A remit to address
- Banking Information
- Bank name
- Account name
- Account number
- Bank code
- Swift/BIC code (if applicable)
- In addition to the information above, you are required to verify your bank account and identity through DIRO (CBRE’s bank and identity verification partner) by:
- Logging in to your company’s bank account and downloading a redacted bank statement (to verify your bank account information); and
- Logging in to your account with a utility/government organization and downloading a redacted statement (to verify your organization’s name and registered business address)
Risk Assessment Requirements
- Agreement to CBRE’s supplier code of conduct
- Advice on whether your organization has had any work-related fatalities or health and safety regulatory violations in the last three (3) years
- Declaration of any conflicts of interest
- Information on your organization’s approach to:
- Environment, Sustainability and Governance (ESG)
- Modern slavery
- Subcontracting and subcontractor management
- If you declare Diverse Supplier Status, you are required to provide your company’s Diversity registration/certification numbers.
- Information on your organization’s physical security measures (if applicable)
Third-party Checks Conducted by CBRE (As Required)
Moody’s - Criminality Search & Monitoring
- Entity Status
- Global Sanctions
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Modern Slavery
- Bank account verification
- Identity verification
Global Risk Management Services (GRMS)
- Insurance verification and monitoring
- Health & Safety assessment
- Business Continuity assessment
- Diversity verification and monitoring (as applicable)
- Sustainability rating