Coupa Supplier Portal administrators who manage users are notified through a banner to check user permissions.
Non-admin users can view permissions and request additional permissions from the Coupa Supplier Portal administrator.
You can close the banner for the current session, but the message is displayed again after logging in to a new session.
Once you are signed in, Coupa offers a tour of the new site.
When you log in for the first time, you are prompted to enable two-factor authentication. See Enable or Disable Two-Factor Authentication for more info.
Log In with Two-Factor Authentication
If you have enabled two-factor authentication, the Two-Factor Authentication window opens when you log in to the Coupa Supplier Portal.
If you enabled the Two-Factor Authenticator App, open Google Authenticator on your device, choose your Coupa Supplier Portal account, and obtain the validation code.
If you enabled two-factor authentication for SMS, check your text messages for the verification code.
Type the two-factor authentication code in the appropriate field, choose Remember this computer for 30 days (if you're not using a shared or public computer) and click Log In.
After 30 days you will be required to log in again.
The code is good for 60 seconds. If you don't type the authentication code on the CSP sign-in page and click Log In within 60 seconds, you must obtain a new code and try again.
If you are locked out and don't have your six-digit backup validation code, contact your customer (GWS U.S., Canada, and APAC or Corporate U.S.) You will be asked to complete a declaration form and provide the email you used to log in to the Coupa Supplier Portal.
For more information or additional resources, click here.
Using the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP), you can invite additional users in your company to have access to the CSP. These users will have full visibility to your PO queue. For a downloadable version of the job aid, please click here.
- From the Main Menu, click Admin
2. Click Invite User
3. Enter the user’s information
4. Select which permissions the user should have access to
5. Select “CBRE” in the customers the user should have access to
6. Click Send Invitation. The employee will receive an email notification with a link to register.
Note: to deactivate a user, you must edit the user record and select “Deactivate User”
If you have already received a purchase order (PO) from CBRE, you can submit an invoice directly against the purchase order received.
For the detailed and downloadable job aid, please click here.
Create an Invoice from a PO in the Coupa Supplier Portal
1. From the Coupa Supplier Portal home screen, select the “Orders” tab.
2. Select CBRE from the “Select Customer” drop down, then identify the PO that needs to be invoiced.
3. Select the gold coin icon under the “Actions” group.
4. Ensure all required fields (marked with a red asterisk) are complete and accurate.
5. Verify the Invoice From, Remit-to, and Ship From Addresses are correct.
6. Verify all aspects of the line item/s.
a. Line Level Taxation is mandatory for APAC Non-Compliant Countries
b. HSN/SAC Code is mandatory for India (not applicable for JDE system)
c. (India) If applicable, TCS should be entered in the MISC field.
7. Select “Submit” to process the invoice to CBRE.
Delete Lines from your Invoice in the Coupa Supplier Portal
• For Blanket POs or POs with multiple lines. If you do not need to create an Invoice for a specific line, you can delete it and then proceed with the invoice process. To delete a line, simply click on the red X icon located on the right-hand side of the line item you wish to delete.
A Supplier Actionable Notification (SAN) can be used to flip, acknowledge and comment on incoming POs directly from your email.
With SAN, you don't need to register or log in to the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP).
- Please note that CBRE’s preferred invoicing enablement is PO Flip through the CSP. The CSP offers many advantages including views of all invoices and payment statuses in one convenient place, a benefit that is not available without registration on the portal.
- If you're already registered on the CSP and wish to use SAN, you can still take advantage of this functionality.
- CBRE must enable you to use SAN. Please contact your Coupa support team (GWS U.S., Canada, GWS APAC or Corporate U.S.) to request approval for this enablement type.
- Once enabled for SAN, you will receive a notification email after you submit an invoice or when CBRE performs an action on the invoice.
- Open your Coupa notification email to create an invoice, acknowledge a PO or add comments.
For a video guide on Supplier Actionable Notifications click here.
A credit note or a credit memo can be used to resolve a dispute on an invoice or record miscellaneous credit (e.g., return/cancelation of goods, price adjustments, rebates and refunds). See Disputed invoices for more info.
A credit note for material should have a negative quantity.A credit note for service should have a negative amount.
Create a Credit Note
Click on the Credit note button on the Invoices page.
In the appearing Credit Note pop-up window, select the reason for your credit note.
Resolve a Dispute
Select the Resolve issue for invoice number radio button and invoice number from the drop-down list.
Click Continue to select how you want to resolve the issue.
You can choose to issue a credit note to cancel and optionally correct the invoice or to adjust it. See Disputed invoices for more info.
Create the credit note using a similar process to creating an invoice. See Create or Edit an Invoice.
If you completely cancel the invoice, you can edit only the following fields: Credit Note Date, Credit Note Number and Credit Reason. The other fields are pre-populated with information from the original invoice and not editable.
If you adjust the information on invoice lines, you can edit the following fields: Credit Note Date, Credit Note Number, Credit Reason and line adjustment information (e.g., price and quantity). Line-level taxes are carried over from the invoice and prorated based on the credit amount.• If a supplier submits a credit for an original invoice and tax and freight were billed, the credit for tax and freight will need to be included on the credit memo. We will not accept freight- or tax-only invoices.
For the detailed and downloadable job aid, please click here.
- Public Profile Link
- Transacting in Multiple Locations
- Merging of Accounts
- Remit-To Address
- Invoice Statuses and Payment Information
- Consolidated Coupa Registration Process Guide
- Consolidated Invoicing Process Guide
- For a step-by-step video guide reference this video.
- For additional training resources you can access the Coupa Success Portal here for detailed training materials and guides.