Commercial Real Estate Investment Jumps by 45% Year-over-Year in Q1
U.S. Capital Markets | Q1 2022
16 May 2022 1 Minute Read
- U.S. commercial real estate investment volume increased by 45% year-over-year in Q1 2022 to $150 billion.
- Multifamily led all property sectors with $57 billion in Q1 volume, followed by industrial & logistics with $32.2 billion and office with $31.9 billion.
- New York was the largest market in terms of total volume for the past four quarters with $63 billion, followed by Los Angeles with $62 billion.
- Private investors and REITs/Public Companies were net sellers in Q1, while institutional investors were net buyers.
- Inbound cross-border investment fell by 19% year-over-year to $6 billion in Q1 2022, largely due to the strength of the U.S. dollar.