Commercial Real Estate Investment Increases by 10% Year-over-Year in Q2
U.S. Capital Markets | Q2 2022
04 Aug 2022 1 Minute Read
- U.S. commercial real estate investment volume rose by 10% year-over-year in Q2 2022 to $167 billion.
- Multifamily was the leading sector with $78 billion in Q2 volume, followed by industrial & logistics with $32 billion and office with $24 billion.
- On a trailing-four-quarter basis, New York was the top market with $67 billion in volume, followed by Los Angeles with $65 billion.
- Institutional investors were net buyers in Q2 2022, while private investors, REITs and cross-border investors were net sellers.
- Inbound cross-border investment increased by 16% year-over-year in Q2 but was down by 9% from Q1 due to the strengthening U.S. dollar.