Commercial Real Estate Investment Volume Continues to Fall
U.S. Capital Markets | Q3 2023
October 31, 2023 2 Minute Read
- U.S. commercial real estate investment volume fell by 54% year-over-year in Q3 to $82 billion.
- Multifamily was the most preferred sector with $29 billion in Q3 volume, followed by industrial & logistics with $20 billion and retail with $15 billion.
- On a trailing-four-quarter basis, Los Angeles was the top market with $35.2 billion in volume, followed by New York with $34.7 billion.
- Private investors were net buyers in Q3, while institutional, REIT and cross-border investors were net sellers.
- Inbound cross-border investment decreased by 55% year-over-year in Q3 to $3.4 billion due to the sustained strength of the U.S. dollar and rising interest rates.