San Antonio Retail Market Figures Q4 2022
January 30, 2023
- Market-wide occupancy grew to 95.4% in Q4 2022, up 10 basis points (bps) from the previous quarter.
- Healthy leasing activity continued to tighten vacancies, with six submarkets registering occupancy increases across the San Antonio-New Braunfels metro area this quarter.
- New residents pushed population growth rates to nearly 1.0% year-over-year and 6.8% over the last five years.
- Retail development remained strongest in the suburbs where demand is highest, particularly near new housing projects.
- Nine projects totaling 223,585 sq. ft. delivered in Q4 2022.