Real Estate Salesperson/Broker
CBRE Upstate NY, part of the CBRE affiliate network, is looking for an experienced commercial real estate salesperson to join the advisory and transaction services team as an independent contractor. Our office is supported by industry-leading technology, econometric forecasting, market research and specialized expertise to help clients make informed decisions.
Our professionals provide unique insight, experience and solutions that serve the needs of real estate occupiers and investors across the eight counties of Western New York with the support of a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere - turning scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity.
What We Ask Of Our Advisory Team:
- Develop business and negotiate the selling, leasing, and marketing of commercial real estate properties for clients.
- Secure new and expanded business opportunities through prospecting, networking, and relationship building.
- Compile property data for clients, such as tenant surveys, summary reports, maps, status updates, and presentations for listing or tenant representative assignments.
- Accompany prospective clients to property sites to discuss property features, leasing rates, and terms.
- Gather, coordinate and prepare materials necessary for transactions such as listing agreements, commission agreements, leases, sales agreements, letters of intent, term sheets, request for proposals, etc.
- Assist attorneys in preparing real estate contracts such as deeds, leases, and mortgages.
- Participate in contract negotiations and due diligence.
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions, property values, and legislation that may affect the real estate industry.
- Analyze data and prepare real estate reports on average asking rents, tenants in the market, historical data, and market comparisons.
- Engage in local business community and charitable events, as well as industry and professional associations for the purpose of creating new contacts and generating new business.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform as a successful real estate salesperson with CBRE Upstate NY, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- New York State Real Estate Salesperson or Associate Broker license required
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial real estate experience required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles, the ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions, as well as the ability to conduct basic financial analysis.
The ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents, to solve problems involving several options in situations, along with intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate skills with social media and other web-based tools