I offer real estate investors 32 years' experience as a trusted advisor combined with the analytical training of an engineer. I can identify value and opportunities for all commercial property types and my business is built upon a bedrock of integrity and intelligence.
Having been a part of the evolution of the commercial real estate industry in the Greater Toronto Area, I am attuned to the immense possibilities in the region. Traditional land purchases, development plays and infill opportunities require increasingly sophisticated analysis to ensure that prospects are not missed and money is not left on the table. An innovative approach to real estate can identify untapped value as land uses change, business needs evolve and values increase.
I may be an experienced advisor, but I'm also the person you want to bounce ideas off and have at your side through complex negotiations. My depth of character has served me and my clients well throughout my career and has allowed me to build a trusted network of clients, colleagues and friends across the industry. I’ve been an entrepreneur, managed brokerage operations, and now have the best job of my career – teaming up with my son to create real advantage from real estate.
After graduating with a BSc in Civil Engineering from the University of Toronto, I pursued an MBA from the Schulich School of Business. My interest in finance and marketing naturally paired with commercial real estate and I’ve been involved in the business in one form or another since 1986. My passion for real estate is your opportunity.
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- Member, Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- Masters of Business Administration – York University – 1986
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Civil Engineering – University of Toronto – 1982
- TD Bank
- Bank of Montreal
- RSM Richter Inc.
- Kodak Canada
- Ferrero International
- Slater Steel Inc.
- Fire Fighters Golf Courses
- LOF (Standard Auto Glass)
- Belmont Properties
- LWG Inc.
- East Woodbridge Developments
- Sears Canada
- Nissan Canada
- Snap on Tools
- Dunlop Tires
- Rediraclk Limited
- Sale of 10 acres residential property in Town of Caledon
- Sale of 30 acres for commercial development and investment income
- Residential Assembly on Bloor St for retail/commercial properties
- Residential Assembly on Danforth Avenue for retail and commercial properties
- Sale of Kodak Canada head office/manufacturing facilities – 1.1 M square feet on 52 acres; Black Creek Drive & Eglinton Avenue
- Sale-leaseback of Fishercast 100,000 square foot head office/manufacturing facility in Peterborough
- Sale of 160 acres and design-build of 800,000 square feet to Ferrero International
- Sale-leaseback of Slater Steel Inc. (TSE 300 Company) – 160,000 square foot manufacturing plant in Scarborough ($8.5 M)
- Sale of 11 acre commercial/industrial development site to Metrus Properties in Vaughan ($8.55 M)
- Sale of Fire Fighters Gormley Green/Rolling Hills Golf Courses to ClubLink – 652 acres ($25 M)
- 20-year lease of Canadian head office/warehouse for LOF (Standard Auto Glass) to East Woodbridge Developments
- Sale of Snap-on-Tools, Canadian head office and plant – 200,000 square feet ($9.5 M)
- Sale of Nissan Canada, Canadian Distribution Centre – 140,000 square feet ($4.25 M)
- Sale of Redirack Limited, Canadian head office/manufacturing plant – 142,000 square feet ($2.7 M)