As CBRE’s Global Chief Operating Officer, Jack Durburg has broad responsibility and authority across the entire company for service line excellence, operating efficiencies and its Global Client Care program. Jack provides leadership for Advisory & Transaction Services (Occupier and Investor leasing), Capital Markets (Property Sales and Mortgage Services), Asset Services, Valuation Services and Project Management. He also has executive oversight for global Research and Marketing, global budgeting and KPIs, and worldwide M&A activity in partnership with CBRE’s Corporate Development team. Mr. Durburg serves as a member of the company’s Global Operating Committee.
Previously, Mr. Durburg served as Group President and Chief Executive Officer of the Americas. In this executive leadership role he had responsibility for all the firm’s geographies and service lines within the region.
Mr. Durburg has held several leadership roles at CBRE during his 30-year career. Prior to his Americas leadership role, he was Global President, Advisory & Transaction Services, which encompasses leasing across all product types (office, industrial and retail) for occupiers and investors as well as asset sales that are not income producing. In this role, he focused on driving strong growth and cementing CBRE’s market-leading position throughout all Advisory & Transaction Services product lines around the globe.
Earlier, he served as President, Central Division for CBRE. In this role, Mr. Durburg directed a geographical division encompassing more than 25 offices across nine states, with responsibility for all lines of business. Before that, he served as Executive Managing Director and overall market leader for CBRE’s Chicago region.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2001, Mr. Durburg served a six-year tenure at Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc., Chicago, where he served as Vice President and Regional Leasing Director.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Foundation, Board Member
- CU Boulder LEED School of Business Real Estate Center International Advisory Board -Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Member, President (2006)
- ULI - Member
- The Economic Club of Chicago - Member
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “Who’s Who”, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “40 Under 40”, 2004
- Recipient, CBRE Chairman’s Excellence Award - recognizing the top Market Leader nationwide, 2007
- Delta Mu Delta Academic Fraternity - Member since 1994
- DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business; Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Indiana University Bloomington - Kelley School of Business; Bachelor's Degree, Marketing and Management