Jack Durburg is Global Chief Executive Officer of CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) business, a global, integrated, full-service real estate outsourcing business serving the world’s largest real estate occupiers. GWS employs more than 55,000 people globally, serves clients in more than 100 countries, and produced more than $14 billion of revenue in 2019.
As Global CEO of GWS, Mr. Durburg oversees the delivery of all services to GWS clients, including facilities management, advisory and transaction services, project management, and management consulting. Mr. Durburg serves as a member of the company’s Executive Committee, Global Operating Committee and Foundation Board, and Co-Chairs the Executive Inclusion Council.
Prior to assuming this role in January 2020, Mr. Durburg was CBRE’s Global Chief Operating Officer and had broad responsibility and authority across the entire company for service line excellence, operating efficiencies and its Global Client Care program. He provided leadership for Advisory & Transaction Services, Capital Markets, Property Management, Valuation Services and Project Management. He also had executive oversight for global Research and Marketing, global budgeting and KPIs, and worldwide M&A activity in partnership with CBRE’s Corporate Development team.
Previously, Mr. Durburg served as Group President and Chief Executive Officer of the Americas. In this executive leadership role, he had responsibility for all the firm’s geographies and service lines within the region.
Mr. Durburg has held several leadership roles at CBRE. Prior to his Americas leadership role, he was Global President, Advisory & Transaction Services, which encompasses leasing and sales across all product types (office, industrial and retail) for occupiers and investors. In this role, he focused on driving strong growth and differentiation and cementing CBRE’s market-leading position throughout all Advisory & Transaction Services product lines around the globe.
Earlier, he served as President, Central Division for CBRE. In this role, Mr. Durburg directed a geographical division encompassing more than 25 offices across nine states, with responsibility for all service lines. Before that, he served as Executive Managing Director and overall market leader for CBRE’s Chicago region.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2001, Mr. Durburg served a six-year tenure at Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc., Chicago, where he served as Vice President and Regional Leasing Director.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Foundation, Board Member
- CU Boulder LEED School of Business Real Estate Center International Advisory Board - Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Member, President (2006)
- ULI - Member
- The Economic Club of Chicago - Member
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “Who’s Who”, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “40 Under 40”, 2004
- Delta Mu Delta Academic Fraternity - Member since 1994
- DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business; Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Indiana University Bloomington - Kelley School of Business; Bachelor's Degree, Marketing and Management